Another weekend of not much happening... we had to cancel another play date we had scheduled....because Owen got the herp.
The cold sore/herpes virus that is...
I get cold cores, Neal gets them, my whole family pretty much gets them.... so Owen could have gotten the virus anywhere, even daycare.... but I still felt really guilty about it.
I hate my cold sore, and I feel bad that Owen will have to live his whole life dealing with it now too. Poor baby.
So we laid low since his sore was still a fresh blister.
Neal took him to the park to get some fresh air and he got to try out the big boy swing!
I meanwhile took Austin to the Oregon City Public Library for some books! The Library is in an old historic building with a big fireplace (be still my heart!!!) and Austin wanted to look at every book (be still my heart again!)
He picked out three books and was so proud to get his wallet out of his pants pocket and present his own library card to the lady at the desk.
Then he sat nicely by the fireplace and looked at his little books while I hunted out a few for myself.
I think going to the library is going to become one of my favorite dates with Austin!
Back home, we put on "cozies" (ie- jammies) and my kids proved that buying toys sometimes is useless ... because the most fun to be had is inside a plastic tote!
1 comment:
Love the idea of Mommy/Austin library dates! So sweet!
Post a Comment