Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekending- Waffles, Women and Wally

Normally I don't blog about our weekends because they aren't too eventful. 

Well, they are eventful.. but just not interesting to other people.... what we usually do is...

-chase children
-clean up crumbs
-have 25 "Full House" type talks to our oldest about being kind and gentle with his brother
-wipe snotty noses
-ask each other who's idea it was to have children in the first place

You get the idea.

But this weekend was a little more interesting!!! 

Neal made waffles for breakfast on Saturday and somehow got stuck at the kid's table with Owen. 


Then Neal and Austin heading outside to do some work on our side yard.. our side yard is all landscaping and a retaining wall that some day we will do away with and add more grass. 

Ok, that was boring landscape talk and you probably don't care.. anyways, Owen was losing his mind about being stuck in the house, so I bundled us both up, went outside and started complaining about how it was cold and muddy and I didn't like the cold and the mud and now I'd have to un-bundle Owen and get him out of muddy clothes. I walked away to take Owen for a walk in our stroller push-car thingy and Austin told Neal, "Mommy's being a brat" 

#ToucheKid

After the yard work and some little walks around the 'hood and me being called out for being a brat (I really don't like being outside when it's cold and wet!!!) we went back inside to warm up and I got some Owen snuggles.

Then Saturday night I got to get all gussied up and got to go out for a friend's birthday! I can't even remember the last time I went OUT on the TOWN for an event. I was pumped! 

We had an awesome dinner at a Lebanese restaurant in Portland's swanky Pearl District and it was great to have an evening out with some fun and fierce women!
Any guesses on which shoe is mine??? 

We didn't have much happen on Sunday... the kids were in full swing after breakfast (like usual) and Henry decided I looked like a safe perch to get away from the fray.
Anyone else hang out all morning long in their robe??? 

Then Wally the Koally and I had a fresh cup-o-joe while the kids played NICELY together for about 20 minutes. I swear that has to be a world record or something. No actual fighting or screaming for 20 minutes!!!
This little koala has become Owen's BFF... look back at the picture of Neal at the little table at breakfast... he's holding Wally for Owen while he eats. Wally goes everywhere with Owen these days. Wally is our third kid. I like Wally. Wally is quiet. Wally doesn't demand crackers and milk. Wally behaves.

#TeamWally

Later in the day Austin wanted me to make an alien from his clay-robot-kit thing and being the amazing artistic person that I am... I #NailedIt
Looks JUST like the picture. Totally. 

Sunday night we had some friends over for dinner. And in case you were wondering what happens when you mix a 4 year old boy with another 4 year old boy.. well...

Every. Single. Item. In. His. Room. On. The. Floor. 

Even his clothes were ripped from their hangers for some reason. 

Why?

I have no idea.

Four year old boys are still a mystery to me. 

Something about hideouts and surfing and Ninja Turtles.... whatever.




No comments: