Thursday, January 28, 2016

Little Bits of Christmas

A few more Christmas tidbits to share... 

I wrote over on my Little Bits of Joy blog why this wasn't the jolliest Cmas.. I was quite shocked that it wasn't as fun as I anticipated. 

The boys are at a tough age where Owen is old enough to want everything Austin has, and Austin is too young to handle that behavior well every time... 

so there was a lot of toy grabbed, pushing, yelling and crying. 

Sigh. 

Christmas Eve we just had a quiet day at home and I managed to get some pics of the boys in front of the tree

Tell us how you really feel about your brother, Austin!!! Sheesh

There we go. There's the good one!

We headed over to Poppa and Pete's house after Owen's nap for our annual Christmas Eve chili feed and present exchange!

Austin was WAY into presents this year and kept asking "is dis for me? Is dis one mine??" and had fun handing everyone their gifts.

Owen was getting the concept of ripping the paper off!

Cool marble race set!!!


Back home we put out carrots for the reindeer and cookies for Santa!

Reading some other blogs, I realize we got super lucky in that our kids both slept fine on Christmas Eve.. (no 3am wake up call, thankfully) we were up at our normal 6:30 time and discovered that Santa brought a scooter!

Owen was a little overwhelmed.

He loved his own little suitcase with the koala friend (who is now named Wally and never leaves Owen's side)

Austin did a lot of "are you kidding me??? Whoa, what???" type of reactions to his gifts

One hot second of not arguing/toy grabbing

One of the favorite gifts.... a Snack-eez. My kid has weird taste.


We headed down to Gramma and Grampa's for more Christmas fun!

Little Piglet knew right where to be when we went over to Great Gramma's house for dinner!

"Might I have a bit of ham???"

It is becoming a tradition for Austin to stay at my parent's after Christmas for a few days (and next year I'm making them take both kids!!!) so we headed home with just Owen and he had fun in his new robe after bath time!


For once I was a little glad Christmas was over.. it was stressful this year!!! Here's hoping 2016 is less chaotic.


No comments: