I haven't posted a Life Lately in quite awhile.. so I'm throwing it way back to November/December to get us all caught up!
-We signed Owen up for swimming lessons in December and in hindsight.. this was a terrible idea because of the following;
1. the classes are 3 days a week, which is a lot.
2. they ran all through the month of December, which made our month NUTS with those and Christmas
3. they only slot they had open was 6pm so I'd have to leave work early 3 times a week, rush home, get everyone fed really quick and we'd all have to go to the pool because..
4. he was in the baby class and they need to be with an adult, so I made Neal get in the pool (thanks for taking the bullet!) and I'd sit in the stands with Austin.
Lesson learned... don't do winter swim class with a baby again!
| In this pic he was thrilled he saw me in the stands and he's pointing to Momma!!! |
- Owen got his first haircut!! As much as I loved his little baby hair.. it was getting down close to his shoulders and getting ratty if we didn't keep up on it. So Neal took him upstairs and gave him his first haircut. He texted me this picture because I was downstairs with Austin and I might have teared up a bit. He looks so grown up!
-This was meant to be a Christmas present for Austin but I had it in my car and he noticed it.. so I couldn't just not give it to him. Needless to say.. Leo now sleeps with Austin, goes everywhere with him, fights the bad guys with Austin and is just a joy to have in our family.
-Austin likes to brush my hair... he can be a bit rough but he's also sweet and tells me I look "so pwretty" while he's brushing. I love to have my hair played with, so it's a win-win for us!
-Christmas was busy and a bit stressful this year.. Austin was thrilled to get this card from Gramma and Grampa though.. it had stickers to build a snowman!
-And can we all just gaze at this picture and adore it for what it is right now??? Two little boys. Sitting silently. Next to each other. No pushing, no shoving, no fighting, no tears. #amen
-We took Austin to a movie over New Years weekend while Auntie Lori and Uncle Ricky watched Owen. It was nice to just be in a movie theater.. I think I go to a movie once, maybe twice a year. We saw The Good Dinosaur and it was cute but Austin told me he "liked The Lion King" better. He was all about the popcorn though. Wow.
-And lastly... they got a new electronic system at daycare, and now I get pictures texted to me throughout the day.. it's pretty awesome. They sent me this today, of Austin making his own sandwich at lunch. Guys, he's going to be 4 in less than 2 weeks. FOUR. I know time flies.. but how is that possible?? He's such an awesome (and stubborn) little man.. I love watching who he is becoming!

No comments:
Post a Comment