Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Project 857- December 4

Today was getting our Christmas Tree day!!! 

Thankfully the rain held off for most of our journey out to chop down our tree. We went to the same tree farm we've been to the last few years. 

Owen so wanted to walk, but just kept tripping over all the bramble and stumps and wasn't too amused about the whole thing. 

He was a little over it as soon as we began, to be honest. 

Austin had a blast wanting "that big tree!" and "that huge tree!!!" and obsessing over Daddy's sharp saw (which he desperately wanted to hold and use)


We found our perfect tree and cut 'er down and counted the rings... she was 13 years old, by the way... totally into boy bands and glitter lip gloss and Snapchat. 

Once we got home, I had to make a last minute run to Freddy's because we discovered that our tree stand was way too small for how big of a tree we got, and we didn't have enough ornaments, and I didn't have a tree topper... I am so prepared for life, I tell ya. 

When I got back, me and the boys enjoyed some popcorn and watched Daddy put the lights on the tree.

Then we finished decorating the house and we got our new chair delivered! We decided we needed a chair in the space by the stairs and found one for a good price from the same place we got our couches. Now we have a cozy corner and the boys have one more thing to try and climb on and jump off of. 

No comments: