Monday, April 7, 2014

Baby Yeah- 20 weeks

Halfway there! 

Size of baby: 
A Belgian Endive. WTF??? Who is in charge of coming up with this veggie comparisons? Yeah, I know exactly how big that is... thanks for that, phone app.

My total weight gain: 
9lbs. I somehow held steady last week... despite buying Oreos at the store

Stretch marks: 
Nope

Movement: 
Yes, but still not nearly as constant as Austin was. It's feeling more like real punches and rolls in there. I forgot how kinda creepy it is! 

Sleep: 
Harder last week. Our bed, which I adore, is feeling hard to me. And my pillows are feeling too flat. Might be time to buy some new pillows (we need them anyways) and I slept in the guest bed last night because it is a softer bed. 

What I miss: 
Wine. It's been a very challenging few weeks with Austin. Like, super challenging. Like, I'm about to lose my mind (and have a few times, yelling and crying) because he is being so impossible. I badly need some wine!!!


Food cravings: 
Black pepper still sounds good. I caved and got a huge awesome hot dog in our office cafeteria last week and I ran (not kidding) back to my desk to scarf it. It was AMAZING. Also citrus fruits are starting to sound really good.. I have two grapefruits, 3 oranges and a cup of pineapple with me today and I know I'll eat it all.

Symptoms: 
Heartburn, some back soreness/pain (this I think is from my clingy barnacle Austin and always having to pick him up or hold him), some tightness in my tummy. Nothing too bad yet.

I'm Excited About:
One week until the ultrasound! And I'm excited about hitting 20 weeks and being half-way... that is always a fun milestone.

Austin is: 
How do I even begin? He's now so clingy to me it's just plain... I don't even know. Out of character for him, and I'm at my wit's end on how to help him. You know how kids cling to an adult's leg on sitcoms and get drug along as they walk? That literally happened to me 3 times last weekend. I tried to go to the bathroom and he ran screaming down the hall and threw himself at the door. I tried to put him to bed and he clung to me so bad I had to put him to bed in my old twin bed (I was at my Mom's) and lay with him until he fell asleep. He's clutching at my clothes desperately and breathing hard... huge tears, gagging on his tears.. just absolutely losing his little mind if I'm even out of his sight. Ummm help anyone who has multiple kids??? What do I do??? 

No comments: