Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Baby Yeah- 21 weeks



Size of baby: 
Seriously, the person who came up with these for my phone app should be given a talking to. A Baby Bok Choy??? Ummmm. Ok. This translates to 10" and almost a pound, apparently.


My total weight gain: 
11lbs this week. So I gained 2lbs from last week. Oh well. I still got a "keep up the good work!" compliment from my Dr. yesterday!


Stretch marks: 
no


Movement: 
Yep, mostly after I eat and in the late morning/early afternoon. Then he calms down a bit after that for the rest of the day. We saw him get the hiccups on the ultrasound yesterday, that was pretty adorable!


Sleep: 
Pretty good... just super weird dreams. Really weird dreams. I couldn't even explain... 


What I miss: 
Full body movement. It's getting a bit harder to get up from a sitting position, and to put on socks, shave my legs... those kinds of things. 


Food cravings: 
Probably because last week we had some beautiful warm weather.. I wanted salads and bubbly drinks. I drank a ton of carbonated flavored water, and bought some blueberry lemonade I'm excited to horde all to myself in the evenings! Sorry Neal.. the baby needs it. 


Symptoms: 
Mild heartburn after every meal or snack, and some back soreness. I'm still doing pretty good but I know I'm in the "golden" period of the 2nd trimester and things won't stay this way!


I'm Excited About:
We had a fantastic ultrasound yesterday! Baby boy is healthy, everything measured perfectly and my Dr. said there is basically no chance he won't be born "perfect." I fretted over so many things when I was pregnant with Austin.. I'm glad we did the genetic testing this time, and now I can relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy... feeling confident that I have a very healthy baby in there! Now if we could only decide on a name...

Austin is: 
Still pretty clingy, and we have had to trick him lately at night. I have to basically hide in the house while Neal takes him up to go to bed. We know we need to get Austin used to Neal putting him to bed since that is going to be what happens the most when the baby is here since I'll be nursing and all that.. and if I'm around, Austin insists that "mommy do it." Sweet, and I love putting him to bed, but we don't want it to be a shock when the baby is here that I can't be available. So we are trying to get him used to Daddy doing bedtime more often than Mommy.
Austin is also getting a big boy bed this week! I'm excited to see how he likes it, and wanted to transition him since he's showing some signs he is ready (tried to climb out of his crib this weekend, and last weekend insisted on sleeping in a real bed down at my Mom's). Wish us luck with that! 

No comments: