Monday, April 28, 2014

Baby Yeah- 23 weeks




Size of baby: 
A bunch of grapes. Another odd comparison, in my opinion. This equals about 1 1/4 lbs. Yeah! We are over a pound!


My total weight gain: 
14lbs. So.... up 2lbs from last week. Maybe some water retention.. maybe not. It might have just been a growth spurt. Or the back-to-back Mexican dinners I went out to over the weekend. Or the cookies that have appeared in our pantry... 


Stretch marks: 
no


Movement: 
Oh yeah. And I'm starting to have that "yikes I'm squishing him!!" fear because if I lay a certain way or sit a certain way he starts moving like crazy! Still a lot of rolls and weird moves as opposed to just kicks and such. As of our ultrasound a few weeks ago, he is sideways, with his arms and legs pointing down, so most of the movement I feel is still really low in my abdomen.  


Sleep: 
It's been pretty normal.


What I miss: 
Alcohol. I wasn't missing it much up to this point, but the weather is getting warmer (beer in the evening!!) and it's been a stressful few weeks with our house being ripped apart and repaired because of water damage (5 weeks since the incident and still waiting for it to be complete... sigh...) and my purse being stolen, and I haven't been in the happiest of places. A cocktail would have been nice. 


Food cravings: 
Not much still. Berries I guess.. but that is more because they are coming into season than the pregnancy I think. 


Symptoms: 
The heartburn is getting bad. I turned over in my sleep one night and acid shot up my throat and woke me up. That happened a lot with Austin and I have a feeling I'm in for that again with this one. Not a pleasant thing to wake up to at 1:30 am and try not to throw up from the massive heartburn attack. 


I'm Excited About:
Ummm... I don't think I have an answer this week. We have been too focused on insurance claims, trying to get my purse and cards and life back, and our house repaired that thinking about fun baby things didn't really happen in the last week. 

Austin is: 
Fully transitioned into a big boy bed! I thought he'd be hesitant about it, so I showed him his little bed last Tuesday... thinking it would take a few days for him to warm up to it and we could do our first night in it over the weekend... but he jumped right in and starting yelling "my big BOY bed!!!!" Needless to say, he loved it. I don't think he knows he can get out and leave his room... so we haven't had trouble with that yet. So far, so good and he gets excited to climb in it every night! **Knock on wood** that his good attitude about it continues!

No comments: