An eggplant. Something that makes sense! Yeah!!
My total weight gain:
15lbs. I was reading old blog posts from my pregnancy with Austin and at 24 weeks with him, I was up about 22lbs. So doing better this time! Not having strong cravings help. I'm eating normally, which I didn't do with him. Just for kicks and giggles, here I am at 24 weeks with Austin:
Fairly similar, really...that extra weight with Austin was lurking on my thighs... which hopefully won't happen so bad this time.
Fairly similar, really...that extra weight with Austin was lurking on my thighs... which hopefully won't happen so bad this time.
Stretch marks:
no
Movement:
Ok, just putting this out there. I don't entirely enjoy fetal movement. I think it feels odd, and it can be a bit annoying when it's as constant as what I experience. That being said.. this kid is driving me NUTS!! He thrashes around. Like imagine a large fish flapping and thrashing on dry ground, then put that in your body and imagine what that feels like. A few times I've been to the point where I'm a bit worried. Is he ok in there? Is he stuck? In distress? I'm going to bring it up to the Doctor because some days it is just plain RIDICULOUS and he won't stop. Then the next day he barely moves at all.
Sleep:
It's been pretty normal.
What I miss:
My normal clothes and being able to bend over. Being largely pregnant in the summer and trying to keep my legs shaved is going to be an exercise in acrobatics, I believe...
Food cravings:
Berries still, and orange soda.
Symptoms:
Heartburn everyday... thrashing movements... my back is getting a bit sore if I sit too long in one position, and feels a bit tight at times. Nothing horrible yet. *knock on wood*
I'm Excited About:
Being done! I swear everyone says second pregnancies fly by because you are focused on your other kid and don't pay attention to the passage of time so much. I am here to say that is not true for everyone. This pregnancy has dragged on, and has felt much longer than what I expected. This morning I told Neal "I'm 25 weeks!!" Looked at my phone app... "oh, never mind. 24 weeks. Sheesh.. you think I'd be farther than that??" I feel like I'm never going to get out of the 20's weeks. I'm ready to just be done, have him here, meet him, start the craziness and get on with it!
Austin is:
Doing pretty good but struggling a bit with sleep. Not actual sleep, but the process of going to sleep. Naps and bedtime have become a huge challenge. He's starting to delay... "one more sto-wee, read one more sto-wee" and cry and cry and cry and cry and cry when he's put down. This will end some day right? Do older kids still cry when it's time for bed? Am I destined to listen to wailing for the rest of my life?? Once he's out, he's out because (shocker!!) he's exhausted but he's really pushing us by delaying the nap/bedtime routine and protesting it as much as he can.
1 comment:
You look so good and I am LOVING your short hair in all the pictures! :)
Post a Comment