Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Baby Yeah- 27 weeks




Size of baby: 
A bunch of bananas.. 2.5lbs-ish


My total weight gain: 
20lbs. My phone app and my Dr. are in cahoots... both say "too much!!" to this gain. I've gained 9lbs in the last 6 weeks, which didn't go over too well with my Dr. and I had to try and explain how I've been walking, and eating quinoa salads and green smoothies and actually TRYING this time, as opposed to with Austin where I basically said "what the hell" and had more Dairy Queen. Yet I still just pile on the weight. Sigh.

I also got my first "wow, you look done! HOW much longer do you have???" (coupled with the elevator eyes disapproving look) comment, and my first "oh you are going to get a BIG BELLY by the end!!" comment. Awesome. Thanks a lot people.

I will never be that tiny girl who barely gains 20lbs the whole pregnancy and looks like I do now, only when she is 9 months along. I just won't. My body isn't built like that. Yet, people expect you to stay ultra tiny when you are pregnant and are quick to tell you how big you are. And no Neal, this is NOT their way of saying "oh, look at you all pregnant and being wonderful growing a human!!" These comments mean "you are big and I want to make you aware of that." End of story. Period. Ask any woman.

Ok, end of rant.


Stretch marks: 
no


Movement: 
My theory last week was wrong, I don't think Owen is head-down. I think he is still sideways, since that is how I'm feeling movement still.  


Sleep: 
Not great. I had a cold or something that caused my lungs to be congested and for me to lose my voice for a few days, so there were a lot of nights filled with coughing and restless sleep. 


What I miss: 
Random people not talking about my body, or looking at me when I walk into a room. I forgot how much I don't like being looked at by EVERYONE when I walk anywhere.  


Food cravings: 
Seltzer water! Just plain old water with bubbles. Can't get enough!!


Symptoms: 
I had some really painful muscle tightening last week... just one strip, across the top of my belly. Doctor said it's probably my abs separating. Ouch


I'm Excited About:
Passed my glucose test! I had it yesterday. The drink affected me much more this time than it did with Austin. I got the shakes right afterward and a pretty upset stomach. Thankfully I kept it down and didn't have to re-drink it!

So if I don't have complications this time (fingers crossed for no repeat on the hypertension!!) this was my last blood draw. Always a reason to celebrate for me!!

Austin is: 
Starting to announce to people that "Baby Owen is inna Mommy's tummy!!!" Thankfully the lady at the playground thought he was adorable. He's also putting things together.. he saw me topless and asked what my boobs were. I told him they make milk for babies and that Owen will drink milk from them when he is here. Austin now likes to also announce that "Baby Owen drink milk from Mommy's boos!!" He's only announced this to Neal and I.... so far. Can't wait for that to come up at a playground as well! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is wrong with people?!? You don't look large at all? Hello!! You are growing a person in there - not to mention all the other stuff that's growing too - like a placenta and amniotic fluid. People and their comments. WTF. That literally makes me mad.