One of the things I love about our group of friends up here in the Portland area is that several of us became parents at the same time.
Literally within weeks and months of each other.
Which gives us awesome excuses to have "play dates" for both the kids and the adults!
This Saturday we had a breakfast play date over at Pat and Erin's house and the three toddlers- Emma, Austin and Maddie had a blast with each other!
| "Ladies, ladies... trust me. This is a cow. I know these things" |
They had a whole conversation over what animal this magnet was, and Austin was insistent that it was a cow. It's so funny to watch them talk to each other now, and interact and have conversations.. as opposed to just playing around each other.
I think Emma had ulterior motives that day though... she seemed awfully attached to my husband...
She's quite a beauty too... I better keep my eyes on that one!
Once we got home, we had a pretty lazy day... Austin was wound up and didn't nap at all. After the play date we of course turned into those overly-cocky parents... "oh he's SO going to pass out when we get home! Nice long nap day for sure... what to do with those hours of quiet time???"
Ha.
Oh how toddlers like to mess with you.
So no nap for him, just playing with Daddy and some deep conversations about hands and fingers.
I got the end the evening with meeting Kenzie out for a drink... well, a drink for her... a thrilling Coke for me... and some girl chat!
Good little Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment