Monday, May 12, 2014

Baby Yeah- 25 weeks





Size of baby: 
A napa cabbage... so this is 14" long and almost 2lbs!


My total weight gain: 
16.5lbs. Ok the weight thing.. I hate that it's a "thing" for me.. but hear me out. I gained A LOT with Austin, and I gained FAST. I know a big part of it was swelling because I was borderline pre-eclempsia and my blood pressure was higher than a hippie at Woodstock.  All my trouble started at about 26-27 weeks with Austin and just got worse.. so as much as I can convince myself my weight gain is fine, and I'm about a pound a week like I "should" be... I can't keep myself from silently freaking out as I watch the numbers on the scale increase... especially since I'm getting close to the week where things went downhill for me the first time. I'm waiting for the sh** to hit the fan.. to start piling on the weight, to have the explosion of weight gain and pain and complications I had with Austin... So it's hard for me to even accept this pound a week gain.. I keep thinking I need to not be gaining ANYTHING in case I explode here in the next few weeks with swelling. It's a daily struggle to not get on the scale several times and freak out.


Stretch marks: 
no


Movement: 
Oh heck yeah.. and hopefully more to come, even though I'm not a huge fan of all the floppy thrashing movements. Owen is sideways right now, with his hands pointing down. This is the time he is supposed to be getting himself head down, so I hope he does. I'd like to know he's where he should be for birth, and I'm a little over the constant punching and hands sticking down into my cervix. 


Sleep: 
It's been pretty normal other than waking up almost every night with bad heartburn. And last night I dreamed that the father of this baby was actually Justin Beiber and he kept trying to get me to run away with him. <shudder> Pregnancy nightmares!!!


What I miss: 
My normal full range of motion. Its getting hard to clean the house or pick up.. a lot of bending and walking back and forth and up the stairs.. I end up sore. Where's that damn main when I need her?? 


Food cravings: 
Berries still.. I'm eating a ton and have to go get more mid-week from the store. 


Symptoms: 
Heartburn everyday.... back getting sore/achy easily... hard to sit in one position for too long... some slight swelling at the end of the day. My legs feel stiff and full of water by the end of the day. I know some swelling is normal and to be expected, and it goes away by morning, but that is part of the reason for my weight freak out I mentioned above. I'm scarred for life now regarding swelling. Any slight swelling and I feel like I need to call my Dr. to get in and check my blood pressure. It's messing with my head... and it's going to be a long remaining 15 weeks.


I'm Excited About:
Being done... so I can stop obsessing about my weight, if I'm swelling, how much I might be swelling (is my ankle swollen?? is it??? IT IS, ISN'T IT??? OH GOD MY ANKLE IS SWOLLEN!!! IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!!) and if and when I'll start swelling. 

Austin is: 
Understanding a bit more that a sibling is coming. A few times he's patted my belly and said "Hi baby Owen." and according to his teachers, has mentioned a baby brother a few times. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look so much smaller than your last pregnancy. Good job mama! :) virtual high five!