Saturday, March 29, 2014

Project 857- March 22

This post will have pics from the whole weekend, not just Saturday because we spent the weekend up with the Lang's on Whidbey Island!!!!

So, it's Spring Break in Oregon and this is the first year ever that Neal has had the week off. All his life he's been playing baseball over Spring Break.. then all the years we've been together, he's been coaching baseball on Break... so we wanted to take advantage of the fact that he had time off.

Since my Mom was on Spring Break too, and wanted some Austin time, it worked out to have him go down there with her for a long weekend and Neal and I could head up and see Josh and Amanda and meet their new sweetie Fiona!



To put it lightly, Fiona is sweet, cooing, smiling, snuggly baby bait!!!! What a doll!!! Saturday we just relaxed.. Neal and I hit the road at 5:30 am that morning and got to their house by 11:00 am. We just talked and loved on Fiona, and then ordered in Thai food for dinner. It was perfect.

Sunday we missed the ferry out to San Juan island and went to breakfast instead. We had another relaxing day and the boys had a little "campout" or something going on in the front yard.


Beer, a laptop plugged in to watch March Madness.. the dog.. what more could two men want?

On Monday, we got the ferry schedule right and got to go over to San Juan island. LOVE this place.. it's a super cute little island full of farms, and two resort/shopping harbors.. Friday Harbor, and Roche Harbor.

We got lunch, and walked in the sun around Friday Harbor, just enjoying the gorgeous views!

Then we drove across the island to Roche Harbor.. the exact hotel and resort where Josh and Amanda got married almost 5 years ago! Its beautiful and historic and serene..



I'm so glad we got to spend time with Josh and Amanda.. they are moving to Florida soon! As much as I'm sad one of my best friends won't be in the Northwest, I'm excited for what is awaiting their little family! Sunshine! Walks outside! The beach! Sunshine.. and SUNSHINE!!!!

Don't worry Lang's.. we'll see you in Florida before too long!!!

Meanwhile.. down at Camp Grandma... Austin had the time of his life! He got to help in the garden, check out baby chicks, enjoy cartoons with Gampa (ok, Austin enjoyed the cartoons.. my Dad.. maybe not so much)





He always has such fun down there.. and I thank my lucky stars everyday that my parents are close enough for Austin to spend time with them often and get to know them. I just hope he wants to leave and come back home with us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww! I have been seriously neglecting your blog. Love you lots - prepare for lots of new comments!