Monday, March 17, 2014

Baby Yeah- 17 weeks


I feel big. And round. Big boobs, big tummy... just very "blossomed" even though that is a bit corny to say. 

Size of baby: 
A pomegranate. So over 4" I think? 

My total weight gain: 
8lbs. So my dumb pregnancy phone app is telling me this is almost 3lbs more than I should be at 17 weeks. Which seems silly to me. Really phone app? I'm supposed to be at a 5lb gain all the way to 21 weeks?? According to it, yes I should. I say impossible. My body is just not the "gain no weight type." At my appointment last Friday I got a fist bump from Dr. B for my "very good" weight gain and he even said "you've gained, like, nothing." So I'm no longer tracking my weight on said dumb  phone app which is telling me I'm a cow. I say 8lbs is pretty normal and good.  

Stretch marks: 
Nope

Maternity clothes: 
Not yet... but close. My black pants are too uncomfortable to sit in all day while buttoned. I'm still ok in some of my legging type pants still though. 

Movement: 
Popcorn pops!! I felt way more movement with Austin (HE. WAS. CONSTANT. CONSTANT!!!!) and this baby hardly moves at all, or I'm not quite feeling all the movement yet. I feel something maybe once or twice a day. I was starving this morning (a work meeting kept me from eating breakfast) and when I finally ate I felt a very strong POP!! Like, "thank you for finally eating woman!!"  

Sleep: 
Fine. I can't make it past about 4am without having to use the bathroom though. 

What I miss: 
It is starting to get hard to bend down and put on socks and shoes. It's not warm enough for sandals yet, so I know I have months of shoes still in my future.. and I miss being able to just bend over and put them on without discomfort. 

Food cravings: 
Nothing. Not a thing. It's so weird. I was Cravings City with Austin and this one is... just... I don't know how to describe it. I'll get hungry and food will sound ok, or good, but there is no "Oh my goodness I need this NOW and I will hunt down how to get it and then shove it in my face!!!!" feeling like I had with Austin. Some days food doesn't sound good at all and I wish there was a pill I could take to just feel full so I wouldn't have to try and find something to eat that sounds appealing.  

Symptoms: 
Hmmm.. nothing really. My hands get achy sometimes, like arthritis achy. The Dr. said that was slight swelling and nothing to worry about. I still battle some digestion issues most days, but that is about it so far. 

Austin is: 
A chatterbox who never ever ever doesn't talk. Ever. He is either talking to you, or himself. I am starting to worry about another kid coming into the family and not being able to answer his every little question or statement every single time and how that is going to affect him, or our family dynamic. The kid needs a lot of attention. I was the same way. I just don't know how I'm going to stretch myself....  

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Love your cute bump!!!!