Halloween has come and gone..
And call me crazy, but I'm glad. Halloween has never been one of my favorite holidays. I don't hate it, but I don't get that excited about it. Even as a kid. I liked trick-or-treating, but I don't remember being soooooo excited for Halloween ever.
That being said, Halloween was pretty simple in our house.
We carved a pumpkin for Austin, and he helped (by stabbing the thing over the eye-hole multiple times), rocked his shades, and refused to touch the inside guts:
The pumpkin went on our porch and everyday when Austin saw it he said "puntin happy." Super cute.
Growing up my Mom would always give us a little Halloween gift.. kind of like a special trick-or-treat goody when we were home from roaming the neighborhood. She is continuing the tradition with Austin and he was very excited to get his little special present in the mail!
| what's in here??? |
| a small shiny puntin? Oh, its candy. CANDY! |
| umm.. eat these now, peese? |
| mmmm... CANDY!!! |
| Bubble Guppies book!! |
I wasn't sure if we were going to take Austin trick-or-treating on actual Halloween or not. He didn't seem to get the concept, and he certainly wasn't crazy about wearing a costume. Remember the UPS man costume debacle??? I wasn't about to try and get him in that thing again, or anything else that resembled a costume.
His daycare trick-or-treats at my office every year because they are right on our campus. I decided we'd try that and see how he liked it.
As for the costume... I dug through some drawers and found a shirt that used to belong to Neal when he was little! It went perfectly with the play helmet (that was also Neal's when he was little) and bippity-boppity-boo.... he was a football player.
He didn't really get the concept of trick-or-treating.. it was pretty cute.. he'd have a candy in his hand and go up to the next person at my office, be offered their bowl of candy and put the one he had in his hand into their bowl and then grab a new one.
He kept swapping candy out.
It was fun to walk him around my office building though and get to show off how cute my kid is. :-) He enjoyed a cupcake and his first Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (BIG fan) yet somehow still took a normal nap that day (thank the lord).
That night we went over to Papa and Pete's and had dinner and he helped answer the door and throw candy into the kid's buckets.
I think next year he will be into Halloween more. He'll get the concept better and maybe actually WANT to dress up as opposed to me basically hog-tying him to try and get him into a costume.
We had fun though, and Mommy has a pile of candy her little goblin collected for her! I mean, for him... ok.. who are we kidding. It's mostly for me. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment