Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Project 857- November 16

I am behind in doing my Saturday updates!

Saturday the 16th was another pretty laid back Saturday.. they are starting to happen a lot in our house, which I can't say I don't love!

The morning began with that tradition all us Portland-area people look forward to every 2 years and just can't sleep the night before due to the excitement of it all..

The DEQ.

Everyone had the idea of "let's get there as soon as they open!!"

Waiting in the car while Daddy deals with the DEQ business
After we forked over a hunk of cash to ensure our car wasn't emitting foulness into the air... we headed off for Mommy's alone time.. I mean, grocery shopping.

I pretty much won't ever shop with Austin by myself. He doesn't like being in the cart, he wants down, he wants to run, and touch things and all that... so when Neal is along it can be fun since we let him "play" a bit in the store and help.

He loved to put things in the cart. It was funny because we weren't looking random cans of veggies, olives and other things ended up in the cart thanks to Austin.

After our super fun morning of doing responsible things, Austin discovered the joy of non-traditional toys.


This picture is hilarious to me because it embodies two of the things I was quite obsessed with as a toddler too- tupperware and socks. I insisted on carrying socks around with me everywhere, and above any other toy I loved playing with tupperware.

So there is a bit of me in my kid, after all. :-)

Austin went down for his nap and Neal and I did lazy things.. couch sitting, lunch eating and Cosby comedy watching..

Every parent needs to watch "Bill Cosby- Himself."

Funniest. Damn. Take. On. Parenthood. Ever.

It's epic.

Anyways, later that night our day got a lot more fun! The Smith's came over for pizza and football and Austin and Madi had a blast with each other!
Does this not sum up how square dancing was for all of us back in the day? The girl is none too thrilled about having to dance with some boy, and the boy is like "yo... dude. look over here! Look who I'm partnered with! Yeah yeah!" 

Writing letters to Santa??

Scott is the best story-teller!!

And... crash. 
I love having so many good friends with kiddos the same age! Austin will grow up with a lot of little friends and the parents get to drink some cocktails and blow off steam by sharing stories of parenting and all the... um.. challenges associated. :-)

No comments: