Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Project 857- November 9

Another Saturday that was very laid back, yet garnished a lot of pictures!

Austin woke up full of beans. He insisted on looking like this:

He didn't want to wear a shirt, and he put his socks on himself so one was pulled up over his pants to his knee. That kid.

Neal's friend Cheyenne just moved back to town after living on the East Coast for awhile, so he came over to spend the day with the boys while I went and got my hair did.


Austin had a buddy to show all his puzzles to, and wrestle with and climb all over. Perfect!

So off I went up to see my friend Jenny (who I've known since I was 3!!) and her cute new salon up in Vancouver. Just for kicks and giggles, here is my hair before:

Grown out layers, medium brown.. just kinda blah.

I absolutely love having a good friend who is a hair dresser! I spent years bouncing around from salon to salon and now I have Jenny... I get to catch up with her, and get pampered all at once! SO proud of her for launching her own salon and thriving!!

A little lighter.. and a little ombre!! So different for me, since I've been dark brown for years.

The result!

Don't mind the bad bathroom lighting.. it turned out awesome and Neal loves it, so that's a win right there!

When I got home, Austin was up from his nap and still full of beans. Seriously, that kid is just a show-off whenever people are over. He gets super hyper and crazy and doesn't settle down easily. It half cracks me up because I know he's showing off, and half drives me nuts because... well.. he's crazy.




He was crawling around and under and on furniture, throwing himself down in protest, crying and whining and having a grand ol' Toddler time.. sheesh.

Then.. he crashed. And snuggled against me (very rare occurrence!!!!) for almost and HOUR while we watched Umi Zoomi (cute little show about the power of numbers and math)

My butt was numb and I had to go to the bathroom but he so rarely snuggles against me in any way that there was a snowball's chance in hell I was going to move. He can be so darn sweet sometimes.

Neal went out that night to watch Cheyenne play in a hockey game, so it was just the little one and I for bedtime. After he went down I hooked up with my hot date:

Worst date ever.. he had bad breath, wanted to lick my face, then crashed and hogged the remote.

Hope everyone had a good Saturday!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Seriously love your new hair style, you look gorgeous!!!!