Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Parks and Rec

Some aspects of having a toddler are ridiculously fun.

Like introducing them to new experiences and watching them be so happy and fascinated by what they are learning and feeling.

Other things, like attitudes and tantrums are not so fun... but that's a story for another day.

I was so excited to take Austin to a park for the very first time! We went on one of our visits down to Grandma and Grandpa's house, and Austin (and Grandma) had the best time!

Slides are the best!

He just wanted to go again and again

"Oh. There's other stuff too??"

Climbing the stairs onto the play structure!

Walking over to see the dogs at the neighboring dog park

"Hi Doggies! What's happening?"

Swinging good time!

"Hi Mama!"

Grandma giving him a good push!

"I'm swinging so big, Grandma!"

Having a blast

And... we're done. 
And after we got home.. he took an epic nap.

Parks- kids have fun and wear themselves out. They are a wonderful thing. :-)

4 comments:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky said...

Oh my god. That last swing picture!!! :) HA!!!!

Lauren said...

How adorable, he's getting so big! :-)

Jesica said...

There is a park a block from my house and I was always amazed at how packed it is every day and couldn't imagine taking my kid there very much. But as soon as this little bugger started crawling he NEEDS a way to get some of his energy out and guess what I end up doing every other day?! Going to that goddamn park! I can't believe I became one of THOSE moms. But the kid loves it, so glad you've introduced Austin to the wonderfulness of parks!