Kah-Nee-Tah!
Which is?
A hot springs resort in Central Oregon, on the Native American Reservation.
And why'd we go?
It was the last weekend of Spring Break, my Mom wanted Austin for a long weekend and we had no baby and nothing to do... so impromptu weekend trip!
For years I'd see friends post on FB that they were going to Kah-Nee-Tah and I totally thought it was actually "Kaneeta" and everyone just enjoyed over-enunciating the name with the dashes.
Nope, Kah-Nee-Tah is really the name!
And the name of the game is... high desert heat, sun, pools, and ponies!
**disclaimer- Neal was photographer that weekend, which is the opposite of almost all our other trips, so instead of every pic with Neal in it, every pic has me in it! Sorry to all those who don't want to look at me**
 |
| The view! The glorious view! I LOVE how Oregon is densely forested, then you drive two hours and you are in total desert |
 |
| We had an amazing balcony off our room |
 |
| Hi there! Mirrored glass on our balcony=ok to prance around the room naked. |
 |
| Straight to the pool in our part of the resort. The water was warm from the hot springs and we were basically the only ones there! Bliss |
 |
| A little putt-putt before dinner. |
 |
| The sign said "no playing in tee-pee." Well, I'm not technically IN it... |
 |
| My favorite guy |
After putt-putt we went and had dinner at the lodge's restaurant. I think that was the only disappointment the whole weekend. The resort only has one restaurant and the prices were insane. I'm fine with spending $$ on a nice dinner, but a slightly dry hamburger is not worth $20 in my opinion. Ah well..
 |
| Breakfast the next day! See that thing my eggs are on? That my friends.... is authentic, thick, fried-in-lard Indian Fry Bread. And it was AMAZING. |
 |
| After our huge breakfast, we took one of the four trails for a hike. |
 |
| Really couldn't get enough of the views! |
 |
| Even dead trees are beautiful out in the desert |
 |
| After our hike we went horse-back riding! Meet my pal Urkel. He was the slow gentle one in the bunch |
 |
| A man, a camera, and the back of a horse's head |
 |
| Ok, so there were some really steep hills on our "trail ride." Let's just say my horse tripped a few times and I almost had a heart attack. |
 |
| Just plugging along on my slow-poke horse. Urkel had his own agenda and pace. Which was to stay far, far behind the others. Do-dee-doo.... |
 |
| Proof of how high up we were... see that way down below? That was the other part of the resort, the camping and family area with all the loud children. Which we avoided like the plague. |
After horse-back riding, it was (sigh) time to head out. We only spent 24 hours at the resort, but packed a lot in and came home a little sunburned (whoops- but I refused to pay $17 for sunscreen in their shop).
 |
| Herds of wild horses roamed everywhere! |
 |
| I think this one is a little lost.... |
I am so grateful my Mom loves taking Austin for weekends sometimes... he gets Grandma time, and Neal and I get precious marriage time. I am a very strong believer that time away from your kids and focusing on your marriage is one of the BEST things you can do for your kids. Healthy, happy families start with marriages.
Sorry, getting off subject...
Anyways, it was a great getaway and Neal and I are excited to go back with Austin sometime and take advantage of all the family activities Kah-Nee-Tah has to offer too.
1 comment:
Sigh. This looks amazing! While I completely agree in theory about the time away from baby...turns out it's harder than I thought to leave your kid when you don't live close to family! Ugh, I would be more than happy to leave baby with my mother for an overnighter but I just can't bring myself to do it if it's not a relative! I'm going to become one of THOSE moms soon, the ones who never leaves her kid, ever! It's so nice that you guys get time away!!! AND that you do something besides sit and watch TV when you get the opportunity!
Post a Comment