Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Life on this Wednesday...


-I broke my cell phone last week. The first time I’ve ever broken a phone. It fell off the back of the couch and hit a dumbbell (hazards of living with a PE teacher) that was on the floor. Poor thing didn’t stand a chance. Shattered screen and a hole punched in it. A new phone awaits me today, after a week with a lame loaner phone.

-Baked “poached” eggs are the greatest thing ever and my new obsession. Wanna try them and love them too?
Spray non-stick spray into a muffin pan
Crack an egg into each muffin spot
Fill up the rest of the way with a bit of water (this is how they “poach”)
Bake at 400 degrees for 9 mins (runny yolk) to 12 mins (hard yolk)
You’re welcome

-Neal and I survived our first Vomit-topia, courtesy of Austin. I always wondered how you would tell the difference between a baby spitting up and a baby throwing up, and now I know. MAJOR difference. Poor dude had some kind of tummy upset on Monday and threw up all evening. It was everywhere. The only upside was my little crazy active baby actually laid on my chest on the couch for almost 2 hours just cuddling.

-I think I’m finally at peace with the fact that my house will never be clutter-free again. For every toy I pick up, 3 more multiple upstairs.. and I think Austin’s dirty clothes actually crawl around at night and deposit themselves in different areas.

-I am suddenly very into nail polish. I never was one to paint my nails, but suddenly I’m all about. Anyone want to buy me cool nail polish so I don’t have to keep telling Neal it’s a “necessity” when grocery shopping?

-I am also at peace with my tummy. I’m still 7lbs more than my “goal” weight (but back to my pre-pregnancy weight) and the tummy skin is just a little looser than it was before. I mean, I only grew a human… and I could spend hours a week working out… but my baby is only a baby for so long. So for now, I choose baby and husband time over gym time. And you know what? The world doesn’t stop spinning just because my tummy is a bit jiggly.

-I don’t want.. I NEED pumpkin pie. Like, seriously. This will not help the jiggly tummy situation, but ask me if I care. 

-Dang I really need these 4 days off coming up for Thanksgiving. Crazy stress at work lately. 



No comments: