Tuesday, November 20, 2012

30 Awesome Shades of Nealo!!!


Dear Neal, 
You are 30! Holy cow! You are finally in the same decade as me finally, so I feel a little less old… even though I did enjoy telling people I had a 20-something husband and I was his cougar. :-)

To celebrate you on this AWESOME 30th anniversary of your birth, here are 30 AWESOME things about you. 

Your smile 

The way you make people feel at ease the minute they meet you. 

How you are a trust-worthy advisor and mentor to many of your high school students and they feel safe   coming to you with issues

Your passion for your students

How you always compliment my cooking and thank me for making meals

The way you snuggle up against me in bed and warm me up

How you always get up first to let the dog out in the morning and give me 10 extra mins of sleep

You get Austin giggling so hard with all the ways you play with him

You never complain about changing dirty diapers. Ok, well.. unless it’s a disaster of a blow-out. :-)

You make the best pancakes I’ve ever tasted

Your laugh makes me laugh

The time and commitment you devote to your baseball program proves you are a dedicated coach who   wants the best for his players. 

Baseball pants look good on you. :-)

Everything is more fun with you… even folding laundry and grocery shopping

You always think I’m beautiful and tell me so… especially when I need to hear it the most

You continually surprise me with little gifts and always put so much effort into making me feel special

You can see the good in every situation, and be happy even when times are tough

You are so affectionate with Austin and never shy about kissing him or cuddling with him, even around your buddies. 

Speaking of…you have no ego and are the most humble, gracious man I’ve ever known. 

You would give the shirt off your back to someone you care about 

The way you hold my hand when you drive, or when we are laying in bed. I love that. 

Everything you do, you do for the good of our family

You are a good kisser. *wink wink*

You always try and make our relationship even.. the chores we do, the parenting responsibilities… you always take burdens off my shoulders. 

You let me pick on you because it amuses me… and you pick on me right back, which forces me to laugh at myself and remember that life doesn’t have to be serious (and yes, I swear one day I will figure out which light switch operates which light!!)

You let me have the better half of our closet, with all the shelves. Brownie points!!!

You love my friends as much as I do and force me to take time for myself to hang out with them, which is always needed and much appreciated. 

The way you still give me butterflies

I know that you will always have my back and always be true to me… I couldn’t ask for a more devoted man. 

You are amazing just because you are you, babe. 

Here’s to a new decade my love! Its going to be the best one yet, I just know it!!! 

Happy Birthday!

No comments: