As Austin gets older his personality becomes more apparent
and I have to admit it’s a lot of fun to see what kind of person he is
becoming.
In some ways he is just like Neal:
-He has a gap in his front two teeth, just like most of the
people in Neal’s family
-He is laid-back in the sense that nothing in his
environment seems to agitate him (loud noises, unexpected movements, dogs
barking, etc). He just keeps going about his business.
-He likes sports (seriously, it’s the only thing that actually captures his attention on TV)
-He is social and loves to be around people
-He is magnetic. People are drawn to Neal naturally and the
same goes for Austin. One day at school I noticed that wherever Austin went,
the other babies followed. They want to be around him and do what he does.
-He’s always up for a good time. Even if he is tired as
hell, he’ll perk up when we get to a party and laugh and have fun and crash
later.
-He is quick to get over things and moves on quickly if he
gets hurt.
-He has a cowlick that has a mind of its own on the back of
his head. His is in the exact same spot as Neal’s, just on the opposite side of
his head!
And in some ways he
is just like me:
-He needs steady reassurance. While he is playing or
exploring he comes back to me or Neal quite often to ‘check in’, get a hug or a touch
and then he is good and takes off again.
-He gets easily frustrated with things out of his
control.
-He is amused easily and finds the fun in even the most
simple things.
-He is stubborn and will not do something if forced. I am stubborn
to a fault sometimes and Austin seems to have gotten that from me.
-He smiles with his whole face and his nose and eyes crinkle
up. One of the best compliments I ever got was that Austin looks like me when
he smiles.
-He is an early riser. No matter what time he goes to bed,
he is bright and awake by 7am. I think he’s only slept past 7am a few times… no
sleeping in on weekends fur us!
-Dislikes bananas. I don’t blame the kid. Ick.
-He likes to snack and dances around when he has Cheerios.
1 comment:
Hahaha, I just had an image of you dancing around eating cheerios =) Your kids a cutie!
Post a Comment