| I asked if he wanted to be in the picture this morning and he said "yes..." still sleepy, and more interested in his morning cartoons than the camera! |
| Better shot of how big I am! |
Size of baby:
A papaya- 6lbs and 19" long
My total weight gain:
I'll get weighed at my appointment tomorrow morning.. but I'm sure 31-32lbs-ish. I feel much bigger this week than I did last week, mostly in the belly region. So maybe he had a growth spurt??
Stretch marks:
Not yet.. my skin is still holding out..
Movement:
He still pushes and stretches with his whole body and my tummy contorts in crazy ways it never did with Austin. I feel like I'm more "all baby" than I was with him.. maybe because I had quite a bit of extra weight on me with Austin or something, but with Owen my tummy feels rock hard all the time, very "full" and I feel movement and limbs up into my ribs, way down low.. it's weird.
Sleep:
It's been a bit better. *Knock on wood* my heartburn went away on Sunday and hasn't returned yet.... "yet" being the key word here.... but I haven't had a Tums in days, and I haven't had acid waking me up at night. I'm still exhausted all day though. I think I'm just "done."
What I miss:
Normal body movements. I can't get up from a seated position without heaving myself up using my arms, leg totally spread wide. Usually accompanied by some grunts. Sitting down is usually more of a partial squat then just falling into the seat with a thump.
Getting down and up off the floor? Tricky maneuvers... possible. But not easy to pull off or attractive to witness.
Getting down and up off the floor? Tricky maneuvers... possible. But not easy to pull off or attractive to witness.
Food cravings:
Pancakes.
Give. Me. Pancakes.
All day, all night... pancakes sound AMAZING.
Again, what is up with the carb craving??? On Sunday I had some girls over for breakfast and made blueberry pancakes... then later that night.. guess what I made again? Yep.
Symptoms:
Give. Me. Pancakes.
All day, all night... pancakes sound AMAZING.
Again, what is up with the carb craving??? On Sunday I had some girls over for breakfast and made blueberry pancakes... then later that night.. guess what I made again? Yep.
Symptoms:
Well, the heartburn has gone away for now.. and I suspect it's because Owen dropped a bit. He's LOW. I can feel him in my pelvis and I can't sit certain ways because it hurts and my body won't let me bend that way. Sitting in the car, for example. It's awful unless I can be really reclined.
I have a feeling he's going to come before his August 25th due date.. just because he seems to be getting "locked and loaded" in there and securely stuck in my pelvis.
So because of his shift... my lower back now aches all the time. And my hips are starting to hurt. And bending over? Ha. Ha. Hahahaha. Literally almost impossible.
I have a feeling he's going to come before his August 25th due date.. just because he seems to be getting "locked and loaded" in there and securely stuck in my pelvis.
So because of his shift... my lower back now aches all the time. And my hips are starting to hurt. And bending over? Ha. Ha. Hahahaha. Literally almost impossible.
I'm Excited About:
Being done! I think we are getting close... maybe 3 more weeks???? Hopefully... And let's be honest here... being off work for 4 months!!!
Being done! I think we are getting close... maybe 3 more weeks???? Hopefully... And let's be honest here... being off work for 4 months!!!
Austin is:
The proud owner of a fish.
So Neal and I had talked about getting Austin a fish because we thought it would be fun for him to have a little pet.
Lo and behold... my work has been doing "Fun Friday's" all summer long, and last Friday was a carnival theme. Games were set up with prizes.. and guess what one of the prizes was?
Yep, real actual goldfish.
So thankfully the fish stayed alive through the weekend and is now a member of our family.
Welcome, Mr. Grouper.
Austin wants to feed him every 5 mins, "go see him" every 6 mins, and "hold him" every 10 mins.
Needless to say, he likes his little friend!
So Neal and I had talked about getting Austin a fish because we thought it would be fun for him to have a little pet.
Lo and behold... my work has been doing "Fun Friday's" all summer long, and last Friday was a carnival theme. Games were set up with prizes.. and guess what one of the prizes was?
Yep, real actual goldfish.
So thankfully the fish stayed alive through the weekend and is now a member of our family.
Welcome, Mr. Grouper.
Austin wants to feed him every 5 mins, "go see him" every 6 mins, and "hold him" every 10 mins.
Needless to say, he likes his little friend!

No comments:
Post a Comment