Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Project 857- June 21

I am behind on my Project posts!!

Time is going by more quickly than I anticipated and suddenly I'm almost a month behind.

Anyway... this Saturday was a bit uneventful, so this will be short.

Neal was a gem and took Austin to a playground for a bit because I wanted to go through all the baby clothes and wash and get ready all the sizes I think I'll need for my maternity leave.

Yes, I know.. I'm a planner and I like to have things "prepped" and done ahead of time as much as I can. It's just how I operate. Clothes could easily be found and washed after Owen is here, but it gives me a sense of calm to have them all ready beforehand.

So our room turned into this as I went through 2 big under-bed boxes, 5 diaper boxes, and 2 bags of clothes that were stashed around the house.
This isn't even a fourth of what I went through!!!
I got all the little sizes washed and put away in Owen's room and re-organized the bigger sizes better so they weren't scattered everywhere.

So. Many. Baby. Clothes!!!

Once the boys were back we just played around the house. Neal had to leave for most of the afternoon to help with another Cornhole tournament, and when it was time to nap... Austin had a very tough time.

Tears, tantrums, jumping out of his bed and running to the door....

Sigh.

So I tried a new tactic.

I asked him if he wanted to come downstairs with me, and he said yes.

So I settled him on the loveseat with a blanket and a stuffed toy and told him this was "rest time" and that if he got up and tried to play with his toys, he was going back in his room. I turned off the lights, turned off the TV and sat on the other couch with the Kindle to occupy myself.

Within 5 mins...
He got a 2 1/2 hour nap in!

And he's napped on the couch every weekend since.

The Pro's- he sleeps great and there is no struggle anymore to get him to lay down.
The Con's- I can no longer do anything downstairs while he naps... cook, clean, pick up.

But it does force me to stop and relax myself, which won't be a bad thing once Owen is here. Maybe we'll just start one big Glynn family nap time on the couches.

No comments: