Monday, August 4, 2014

Baby Yeah- 37 weeks- Full Term?!?!?!





Size of baby: 
A bunch of Swiss Chard (??)- 6 1/3lbs and 19" long.

I read conflicting info about this week.. some sites say this is Full Term week, others don't claim that happens until 39 weeks. I'm siding with the sites that claim it's this week, naturally. I want to feel one step closer!


My total weight gain: 
I don't know. It changes daily, and sometimes drastically. Last week I was 29lbs+ one day, the very next day I was almost 36lbs+. I don't think it's humanly possible to gain 7lbs in a 24-hour period... soo.... let's say 33lbs. That sounds good.
I think the fluctuations are due to what time of day I weigh, what I have or haven't eaten, how hot it is how swollen I might be.. etc.


Stretch marks: 
Not yet.. my skin is still holding out..   


Movement: 
Quite a bit still for this being near the end and him supposedly running out of room. Sitting in the car is the worst, something very strongly jabs at my cervix and bladder the whole time. Yesterday I had to lean over to the left (I was the passenger), hold onto the bar at the top of the door, and try and stretch out. That was the only way I was going to make it. Sometimes it feels like he is trying to claw out of me. 


Sleep: 
So... yeah. I jinxed myself last week with the whole "heartburn is better!!" statement. Big fat "NO IT IS NOT BETTER!!!" The acid is back with a vengeance, especially at night while I'm sleeping. Even Tums and Zantac aren't really that effective at this point.
Last night Owen decided to get a massive case of the hiccups at 12:40am... and have them last for an hour. I will not miss the hiccups. They have gone beyond the cute "aw... baby has the hiccups!!" to a full-blown annoyance. He gets them so often they've lost their appeal, I guess. I had to get out of bed and sit in the recliner and basically rock him to sleep to get him to stop.

So in a nutshell, sleep is very hit or miss again. 


What I miss: 
I've said it before, I'll say it again.. NOT HAVING HEARTBURN OR ACID REFLUX. If I could make it 5 minutes without burping up acid, I'd be a happy camper.



Food cravings: 
Still on my carbs fix. I could live on blueberry pancakes right now. I just want stacks of blueberry pancakes, or cereal... mmmmm... carby-carbs.
Eating is also getting a bit hit or miss. On Saturday I was starving and ate a ton at a party, but then Sunday I couldn't really eat anything. I was hungry but nothing appealed to me and it was hot and I was uncomfortable so basically ate only watermelon all day. I even skipped dinner.


Symptoms: 
Contractions!!! yeah!!
Ok, but before anyone panics and thinks I'm going to give birth tomorrow... we are still in the Braxton-Hicks false labor stage. I'm getting several period-like cramps throughout the day and night. Nothing bad, but definitely a bit painful. Just a sign that we are progressing!! I'm sure he's camping out in there for at least 2 more weeks though.
I didn't get painful Braxton-Hicks with Austin, so it's kinda exciting to feel them and know my body is gearing up!!


I'm Excited About:
The idea that I could go into spontaneous labor. At  37 weeks with Austin, going into labor on my own, or even getting to my due date wasn't an option. My Doctor flat out told me it wasn't an option, and that was sad and hard to digest at the time.
As much as I'm a planner and I like to know what is going to happen and that side of having a set induction date appeals to me... that primal "earth mama" part of me really wants to know what it's like to just go into labor.
How will I know? What happens? This may be my second baby, but it's my first experience with an un-complicated full-term pregnancy. Now, I do know that I still have 3 weeks until my due date. I still could have complications come up in that time. Absolutely. But there is also a great chance that I won't, and I'll get to ride this ride to the end.
I'm excited to see what happens in the next few weeks!

Austin is: 
Very much into his new favorite pastime... tennis.
I got this little paddle ball play set as a sample at work and it's all he wants to do! Thank goodness he has an active Daddy who will play with him for hours while his large Mommy sits and observes with a cold glass of water and her camera.
Gotta make sure the equipment is in proper working order... 

Eye on the ball there son!!!

Got it!!! 

No comments: