Thursday, July 10, 2014

Project 857- June 28

So this recap really encompasses the whole weekend, not just Saturday.

I've been with Neal for almost 7 years now (ok, wow.. 7 years... sheesh) and every year he and a group of his buddies go on a long golf weekend in Central Oregon.

They've been doing it since college, and it's one of those "come hell or high water, we are going on the golf trip" type things. The boys have met with some slightly annoyed wives in certain years as they leave right before, or right after babies are born.... or right in the middle of wedding planning.... etc.

Like I said. Hell or high water. Those boys are golfing and nothing gets in their way.

So for the last several years the wives of those boys have grumbled a bit about the golf trip and have said "we should do something. We should start a girl's weekend."

Well, after many years of talking about it.... we finally did it!!

9 ladies
Our friend's vacation rental in Black Butte
No kids (well, other than Owen, but he wasn't too much of a pain.. ha)
No husbands
And what happens in BB stays in BB. :-)

I took very little pictures because I was just enjoying my time. Relaxing. And I don't regret not capturing every moment.

I did get a few pics that sum up the weekend though:

Delicious coffee and pastries in cute coffee shops in Sisters

Walks through the amazing beauty of Oregon.. the state that I just love so much!!!

And a little Vitamin D therapy... the pool at the Black Butte ranch was so cool! I absolutely cannot wait to go back with Neal and Austin (and Owen) someday! the kids will LOVE it!!


The ladies had a blast... :-)

Meanwhile, back at home.... Neal had a good weekend with Austin too!


They stayed up late Friday night, had some play-dates, wore crazy spiked hair..

Since the boys did so well on their own.. maybe Mommy should go away for the weekend more often???

No comments: