Monday, July 7, 2014

Baby Yeah- 33 weeks

If I look tired.. there is a reason... 



Size of baby: 
A cauliflower. Almost at birth length.. about 19" and could be anywhere from 4-6lbs.


My total weight gain: 
26lbs at my Dr. appt last Wednesday. I got a high-five from him and was told I should be proud of my weight. I'm still done with weighing myself, so next week will just be a guess since I don't have another appt until the 19th.
If I don't swell (knock on wood) I'll probably end up with a 35lb weight gain, which is such a world away from the swollen elephant-legged, 60lbs+ gain with Austin.

Stretch marks: 
I don't think so. What I saw last week was a scratch I think. 


Movement: 
Push it... push it real good... (a la the Salt-n-Pepa song, in case you were wondering...) he's a pusher. It's always a full body push, so I feel a lump on my lower left side, then upper right side and my stomach gets distorted.
Its the weirdest thing when I lay on my left side because he'll push and push and push and squirm and I can feel it all the way up into my ribs. Kiddo does not like me being on my left side.
My Dr. said he is head down. Not completely vertical head-down, but not in a weird sideways position like I was fearing.. the kind that would be treated like a breech position with a C-section delivery.
Dr. B told me he was fine in there and will be in the spot he needs to be for birth.


Sleep: 
Terrible. I never had trouble sleeping with Austin, other than the occasional heart-burn wake-ups. I really didn't have to use the bathroom much in the middle of the night with him either.
First lesson... each kid is SO DIFFERENT. Even from the very beginning.
My sleep goes one of two ways:
1. I fall asleep fine at a normal hour and then proceed to wake up 5-6 times a night to either pee, fumble for Tums because acid is shooting up my throat, or Owen is squirming and wakes me up
2. Owen won't calm down and it takes hours for me to fall asleep, but when I do, I don't really wake up. Last night was Option #2. I didn't fall asleep until midnight, but didn't get up once for anything. I just didn't end up with much sleep since we get up at 5:30am.

Sleep sucks. 

What I miss: 
The usual- not having terrible heartburn, full range of motion. Lately I'm missing playing with Austin. It's just harder. He's and active kid and wants to wrestle, be chased, play baseball... and those things are getting hard to do, if not impossible. I also can't put him to bed anymore because sitting on the floor next to his bed to read him stories is uncomfortable. The bedtime stories are now all on Neal's shoulders.
I'm trying to give him extra affection, and play where and when I can with him.. but let's face it. I can't move well, I can't lift him up easily, and I tire quickly.. It's been emotionally hard on me. 

Food cravings: 
Not much. I still love seltzer water. Fruit for sure. I could eat it all day. Also those real fruit popsicles... I love those things!  

Symptoms: 
Get this... so my insane belly button? Yeah, that's not just an over-excited belly button. It's a hernia.

I was getting a bit suspicious because it seems to just stick out more and more, and someone (I don't remember who) mentioned something about a herniated belly button, so of course I Google it and I asked my Dr. last week. He looked at it for one second and said "yep, it's herniated." Then pushed and poked it a bit and was like "oh, yeah, definitely"

It does this really creepy thing where it waves in and out, and I thought that was Owen moving around in there, but it's my digestion!!! My abs have separated (or torn) and my intestines are sticking thru the hole (thus the hernia) so the in and out movement of my belly button is my intestines waving as they digest.

CREEPY!!!!!!! So I can sit there and watch my digestion work. ACKKKKK!!!

There is nothing to do about the hernia now. It's not hurting me, so we just wait until Owen is born. If it doesn't go back and heal itself, or it starts hurting me, I'll need hernia surgery to push everything back in how it should be. 

I'm Excited About:
We finally got all the non-baby stuff out of Owen's room! Yeah!!! I got some paint samples, and the letters to spell out his name above his crib and we are making progress! With almost all of our weekends until my due date taken up with events or family in town, it's a slower process.
A friend of mine on Facebook posted pics of her baby's completed nursery... and she's still almost 4 months away from her due date. Ahh... the time we had to spare when we were pregnant with our 1st kid, huh?? 

Austin is: 
Still being sweet about the impending huge change in his life. We ran errands on Saturday and he told every clerk at every store that "Bay Owen in Mommy's tummy!!!". Still keeping my fingers crossed that this excitement continues after Owen is here!!
He loves to talk about him, so we do a lot.. and I'm trying to always remind him that Owen will cry and need me and that he'll have to help me care for him. I hope he's comprehending.
But for now, I'll take the sweetness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a nerd - but - I love scanning herniated belly buttons! Ha ha ha. Try "bearing down" and watch it bulge. OK maybe don't do that. You probably don't need to encourage it. :)

Love the pictures and GO YOU! You must have been walking on a cloud when you left the Dr's office. What a difference from your last pregnancy!

I cannot wait to see pictures of Austin being a big brother. Talk about heart melting. As much as I am worried about L&D and post partum recovery, I think it'll be worth having another for Fiona's sake. They'll always have each other.

xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh - and do I spy a Rosie Pope dress in the last pic? ;)