Well here we are again, another Saturday come and gone.
I am already really glad I started this little project.. So many moments and pictures I wouldn't normally take or record, but these are the moments of our family that I'm so glad I now have documented memories of.
Ok, enough of the sappy stuff... onto our Saturday!
It didn't feel like Saturday because we were up with our alarm at 5:30 am (ugh) to get out the door and head up to my brother's to drop off my niece's Christmas present before we had to take our car in to be serviced at the dealership at 8am.
Playing with our new car and waiting for Daddy to deal with the dealership... thankfully the thing we went in about (our Forrester's temperature gauge has been saying its 122 degrees outside for the last several months, apparently we live in the Middle East... and it has made the heat in the car be a bit messed up. You crank it to 80 degrees in the car and it turns on the A/C...) wasn't something that needed to be fixed right away, and the car does put out plenty of heat, if we crank it above 80 degrees. So long story short, we will get the car fixed later when its not the holidays and we feel like spending the $100 deductible.
Anyways, that was boring.. sorry.
So we got home and played for a bit and got Austin (a bit unwillingly) down for a nap and I crashed on the couch.
I NEVER nap. I'm just not a napper... but getting up early, not sleeping well the night before and the house was warm and cozy... and I must say, it was glorious.
| Henry couldn't resist me and the blanket either! |
Austin slept a bit late and didn't get up until 4pm again... seems to be a trend on weekends that I don't know how to break. His naps at school are always at 12:00, and he sleeps until 2:30 or 3:00. Even on weekends if we wake up early, he just won't go down for a nap until around 1:00 or 1:30 ish.. talking and bouncing in his bed, and then sleeps late.
Thankfully we didn't have anything to do that evening, but on days where we do.. these late naps aren't working so well..
But, on this Saturday we just watched some Christmas movies on TV and Austin has been very cuddly lately with me, which I kinda love.. he wanted to snuggle a bit on the couch!
I must say.. I am thrilled because my former carbs-only toddler has become quite the fruit lover and it makes me so happy! I'm glad I don't have to fret and worry about his diet as much anymore.. he willingly asks for pineapple and oranges all the time now!
We still struggle with dinner a bit, and he's still picky... but at least he doesn't recoil at the touch of fruit anymore!
All that fruit got Austin feeling festive and ready to party! And at Christmas time, that means wearing a Santa hat.
Perfecting his "HO HO HO!!!"
I was so thrilled when he insisted it was my turn to wear it.
You can just sense my excitement, right?
Keeping up with our very lazy Saturday afternoon/evening, we had a little photo shoot to enliven the evening a bit...
Work it, Austy!!
All in all, it was an awesome lazy Saturday for us!!!
1 comment:
He's the cutest, hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!!
Post a Comment