Friday, December 13, 2013

An Ode to Man Hair

Ok, that title sounded weird....

Sorry 'bout that.

Anyways... as most of you know, November is actually "Mo'Vember" and its that time of year when men are supposed to grow out their beards in support of prostate cancer awareness.

Neal isn't a huge fan of growing his beard out fully, but several other guys we knew were doing it, so I was all like "yeah yeah yeah!!! Do it do it do it!!!" because I personally like men on the scruffy side.

Ok, so he surpassed scruffy and fell into the "wooly-mountain man-kinda-need-to-start-braiding-that-thing" by the end of November.

I mean, you couldn't see his mouth!


Being the fun guy that he is.. he graciously accepted a "trim the beard" plan formulated by his students. They even drew out how he was to shave it every day:

I mean.. SO excited for Tuesday... right???

So he began:

Monday... shave just the chin, leaving everything else...


Tuesday... shave the sides and rock the Fu-Man-Chu (is that how you spell it??)


Wednesday... shave off everything except the 70's style sideburns and mustache.. he needed some bell bottoms with this look..


I didn't get a pic of Thursday, which was just the mustache.. so use your imagination and take off the sideburns and there you go.

Friday, he got to completely shave and yeah! I could see my husband's face again!

And he could eat food without half of it lodging itself in the beard.

It was a fun and hairy November.


1 comment:

Jill said...

So funny! I love how his students made the plan and he was such a good sport to do it!