TGIF, like for reals.
What a weird week.
It started off great though.. I had Monday off because I have vacation days to use up before I lose them in June, so I kept Austin out of daycare and we had a day date!
We went to the mall and rode the rides (or hung out in a tanning bed with a brass pole.. hard to tell, to be honest).... and I swear that as soon as you surpass the age of 10 those freaking things make you dizzy as all hell, just going around and around...
We had lunch and saw Zootopia.... and Austin learned what the struggle is like to have an over punctual Mom by waiting outside the theater for 10 mins because we were a little too early....
Sigh. Popcorn just doesn't taste the same if you aren't looking at the big screen...
Life's rough, kiddo. You remember that.
The sun was so glorious on Monday we emerged from the dark theater hissing at the brightness. Our fangs popped out and all we wanted was to get back to Transylvania... because WTF is this sizzling thing in the sky????
We decided to take advantage of the nice day and headed over to Kenzie's house after the movie... Austin joined her boys in their usual Wolf Pack debauchery, Kenzie and I enjoyed a few beers and just made sure no one lost an eye or broke a bone.
I've come to terms with the fact that being referee is pretty much the best you can do when you are raising all boys.
The warm weather really was amazing this week... it even perked me up to the point that I tried a Pinterest idea of making sidewalk paint!
So our furniture got painted, and the outside toys.. and then Owen decided to just start sticking body parts in there....
He was pleased as punch with himself and his artist creativity...
And I was just pleased that they were entertained long enough for me to enjoy a glass of wine.
Now of course the rain is coming back for the weekend... and we (I mean, Neal.. LOL.. me.. not a chance) are doing yard work and laying down sod in our mostly dirt backyard.
That should be fun. Mud is always a pleasure to have tracked everywhere...
No comments:
Post a Comment