Friday, April 15, 2016

Life Lately- Sushi Does a Marriage Good

Well it only took 857 days to get here, but Friday has finally arrived!!

Anyone else have a long week? Tuesday felt like Thursday, and Wednesday felt like a week from Monday... 

In other words, the week sorta dragged. 

But here we are, party hats ready for that 5pm "leave work" bell to ring.. and another Friday Brain Dump post!!!

 Over the weekend I had a hot date with this dude. He may be short and still need help in the bathroom, but what can I say? I'm in love. We went to breakfast and found cool walls to pose in front of....


 ....and after breakfast we hit up the library! The wonders of the library...it can actually get my little hurricane to sit still for more than 2 minutes. We chilled on the old squishy couch and enjoyed some stories!


Since it was time for our big 4-year-old to pull his weight around the house and he can't bring in an income yet (stupid child labor laws) I made a very Pinterest-worthy chore chart! Blog post on my amazeballs chart to come in the future. Ha. 
Austin has to help clear the table after dinner, make sure toys are picked up before bed, and put his dirty clothes in the hamper. We are going to give him $1 a week for his chores, so he can save up and buy some super sweet Ironman fists he saw in the store... because we need more things around the house for him to hit little brother with.


 I got a call from daycare on Wednesday that Owen fell off a little bike on the playground and little dude had quite the road rash!! Being the gentleman he is though, he still insisted on picking Mommy a flower on our walk to the car, despite his face (I'm sure) hurting him.
Watch your daughters in about 17 years, people.. he's tough, he's sweet, and he's got eye lashes for daaaaaayyyyysssssss. 


Neal and I managed to escape for a date night this week! The kids went to his parents' house, and we hit up all kinds of raw fish goodness. 
Date nights are about as rare as the sushi we gobbled, and we had such a good talk about us and our relationship (anyone else find it impossible to talk about anything but the kids on date nights??) that I decided we need to try and go on dates more often than a few times a year.

So looking at this post... I realized we had a pretty uneventful week. Yet somehow if felt like a million years long. How does that work? 

No comments: