Tuesday, April 12, 2016

If You Get a Girl Her Bowling Shoes... She'll Probably Fall In Love...


Sunday April 10th was the anniversary of Neal and I's first date... so of course I had to make my list of 10 things today something about us.... It's been 8 years since our first date!!

We fell in love very quickly, and had a few funny moments along the way.. 

Here's our journey...

Step 1: we technically met sometime in mid-March, 2008 at the party of a mutual friend... and thought nothing of it. I remember talking to him a bit, and he remembers me and my tall friend Sarah walking into the party (wearing our heels and towering over 6 feet tall) and thinking "who invited the models?" Ha. 

Step 2: We met again on March 28, 2008 at a bowling alley. Again, the mutual friend angle.. she invited me out bowling (I almost didn't go because I had to work the next morning) and Neal was there. 

Step 3: Neal asked me if I wanted to bowl with him, and asked my shoe size and went and got me my bowling shoes. I remember thinking "he's so sweet and cute, but he's so YOUNG!!! No way."

Step 4: I had my phone out a lot that night bowling.. I was waiting for a call from my bestie Amanda, who was flying in that night on standby and I was her ride from the airport. As I had my phone out checking for a message from her, Neal used the smooth line "Hey, since you have that thing out, why don't you put my phone number in there?"

Step 5: Neal called and texted me the next day and I ignored him. Again, he was SO YOUNG (25) and I was SO MATURE (27) that I didn't know if I wanted to bother. 

Step 6: I flew back with Amanda to Mississippi (where she was living at the time) for a visit, and ended up texting Neal the whole time I was there. I finally gave in to him!

Step 7: April 10, 2008 we met up at a local bar for some drinks and to play pool. He came up behind me to put his arm around me while we were playing and I got the major tingles.
Visiting that bar several years later.. sitting at the exact table we sat at that very first date!

Step 8: We left the date and he got all nervous and mumbled something about getting over a cold, so he grabbed my hand, kissed my finger and ran off. 

Step 9: A week after our first date, he came over to my apartment for dinner and as soon as I opened the door, he grabbed me and kissed me!

Step 10: A week after that first kiss, I noticed men's stuff in my bathroom and the fact that he was over every single night and realized he pretty much moved in. A few weeks after that... we went to an Irish pub and as we giggled and ran home (I lived across the street) we said "I Love You" to each other.
The exact night at the Irish pub... yes, there was beer involved.

And look at us now. 

I'm so glad I went bowling that night 8 years ago!!! 

As much as we have our ups and downs (who doesn't????) I can't even fathom my life without him... 

Fate put me at the right place at the right time to meet the guy that would definitely be my better half!



No comments: