My Friday Brain Dump is a whole hodge-podge of randomness, just how I like to end my week!
I had my children this week, so the answer to this post's title question is a big fat no... but that's alright. We had fun at the zoo last weekend because of the sun and Elephant Ears..
And I found out that Elephant Ears are followed up nicely with a visit to my bestie Kenzie and some wine by the firepit while our boys ran around like the pack of animals that they are.
If you ever want to know what a pack of boys are like, just observe a litter of puppies. They run around, tackle each other, pee all over the place and are loud. And come up and lick you occasionally.
This last week was just GORGEOUS weather-wise and we finally got to eat our leftovers and chicken nuggets outside! Or al fresco as them fancy folks say..
But no judgement on the leftovers and chicken nugget dinners 'round here, because look at the picture. Apple slices!! See optimum nutrition in our house.
Austin officially got the job as "Poster Boy of Summer" in that the kid is all about shades and Popsicles lately..
Look for his billboards in sunny states everywhere.
Wednesday brought excitement because the night before one of my best friends, Monique went into labor. She asked me to be her "night" person in case this happened so I quickly threw stuff in a bag and headed over to her house to spend the night with their 2 year old daughter.
It was so fun being "Mama" to a little girl for a bit... other than doing her hair in the morning. How the heck do you Girl Moms do hair?? I can barely do my own! I took her to the hospital Wednesday morning to meet her baby brother and got to kiss the sweetest little newborn face!
I always think of a line from Gone With the Wind on days like this... "the happiest of days are when babies are born."
Isn't that the truth?
Thursday was picture day at the boy's school, so we got all fancy in plaid shorts and shirts without UFO's on them....
Ten points to the big kid for his Popeye impression, but our clear winner with 20 points is Mr. Pacific Northwest Approved himself... little kid, with his socks and sandals combo!
You keep being awesome, little kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment