It was a doozy of a week for me... it's been monsoon-raining in Oregon for days and there is flooding, streets closed due to downed trees... accidents on the roads...
It's been SO fun to commute this week with two crazies in the backseat. All I want for Christmas is the weather to dry up so I don't have to prolong listening to Owen screaming in his carseat.
#KidHatesTheCarseat
I just wish I had more decorations....during all my single years I always went home for Christmas, and didn't really decorate the apartments and townhouses I lived in.
Once Neal and I were married I started to gather a few things, but again.. we were in a small townhouse until just recently and I didn't want to grow my collection before I knew what kind of forever home we'd end up in. I wanted to be able to get the right decorations for the space.
So here we are, 3 months in our forever home (finally!!!) so in the coming years I'll really start growing my Christmas decoration collection.
#InsertNealPanicking
#GonnaNeedABiggerGarage
For now.. my decorations are a bit sparse, but I still love them.
Our front door has a what I call a cranberry wreath that I've had for years. Owen proudly brought me a cranberry that had fallen off one night. Ack!! Choking hazard!! So the wreath went outside on the door.
This is my "happy little Christmas corner" by the stairs. Lighted garland, our stockings.. this cute banner I got at the dollar spot at Target and some of my reindeer and angels.
(extra points for whoever can spot the monster truck and vacuum that photobombed... #ThisIsRealLife)
The boy's Santa mailboxes are also there (this is what we do instead of the Elf, more on that in a future post!) and my cute Christmas wall art.
Trying hard to be good so Santa will visit!!!
This is my "happy little Christmas corner" by the stairs. Lighted garland, our stockings.. this cute banner I got at the dollar spot at Target and some of my reindeer and angels.
(extra points for whoever can spot the monster truck and vacuum that photobombed... #ThisIsRealLife)
The boy's Santa mailboxes are also there (this is what we do instead of the Elf, more on that in a future post!) and my cute Christmas wall art.
Trying hard to be good so Santa will visit!!!
One thing I am sad about is our new house doesn't have a fireplace or a mantle.
Where do you put Christmas decorations if you don't have a fireplace????
I had to settle for our bookcases, and put everything up on the shelves that Grabby McStickyFingers (aka Owen) couldn't really reach.
I have small collections started of trees, reindeer and angels and I love how they all come together for a bit of a woodland theme.
The Nutcracker I've had for years and the boys love to play with him.. he's a true soldier and handles all the mauling with dignity.
Where do you put Christmas decorations if you don't have a fireplace????
I had to settle for our bookcases, and put everything up on the shelves that Grabby McStickyFingers (aka Owen) couldn't really reach.
I have small collections started of trees, reindeer and angels and I love how they all come together for a bit of a woodland theme.
The Nutcracker I've had for years and the boys love to play with him.. he's a true soldier and handles all the mauling with dignity.
We finally got to get a big tree this year!!! We have vaulted ceilings so we wanted to fill in the space. After years of tiny trees to fit in our tiny apartments and townhouses I was so ready to get a big beautiful tree!
I do a mixture of traditional Christmas colors and sentimental ornaments. Austin loves to point out his little cinnamon snowman ornament he made at school last year.
My two favorite ornaments of course are my babies!!
I do a mixture of traditional Christmas colors and sentimental ornaments. Austin loves to point out his little cinnamon snowman ornament he made at school last year.
My two favorite ornaments of course are my babies!!
Eventually I'll get more decorations in the kitchen but for now our little buffet is in the spirit!
I got lazy with Austin's advent this year (Owen is still a bit too young) so I just bought a glass tree jar from Amazon and put Hersheys Kisses in it... one a day until Christmas!
Over our doorway to our kitchen, we have a big display shelf up at the top of the wall. What are these technically called? Anyone know?
A vignette shelf?
A high on the wall shelf??
Either way, I have no idea what to put up there for every day... that is a work in process. For Christmas, I got a little 2' tree with lights and wrapped up some empty boxes.
I had one of those "wow that looks really cute actually... go me!!!" moments when I put it all together.
#InteriorDesignerIAmNot
Decorating does not come that easy for me. All week long I've read other blogs and looked at all these beautifully decorated houses and I'm just awestruck. So many talented women out there with mad decorating skills.
Teach me!!!
Well, there you have it... the Glynn home for the holidays!
A vignette shelf?
A high on the wall shelf??
Either way, I have no idea what to put up there for every day... that is a work in process. For Christmas, I got a little 2' tree with lights and wrapped up some empty boxes.
I had one of those "wow that looks really cute actually... go me!!!" moments when I put it all together.
#InteriorDesignerIAmNot
Decorating does not come that easy for me. All week long I've read other blogs and looked at all these beautifully decorated houses and I'm just awestruck. So many talented women out there with mad decorating skills.
Teach me!!!
Well, there you have it... the Glynn home for the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment