Well, we were supposed to have a fun day at Enchanted Forest this Saturday...
But the Three-nager in our house had an EPIC fit the night before and we decided not to go.
I was bummed because I was really looking forward to going. Later, my co-worker told me I made a parenting "mistake" by inflicting a punishment that punished ALL of us, not just Austin, and it was a punishment he didn't really understand.
He'd never been to Enchanted Forest, so he didn't know what "not going" really meant. She told me I need to focus future punishments on things he knows.. no cartoons, early bedtime, things like that. She has a good point, actually. And the way that his attitude is a lot now that he's 3, I'm sure we will cross this bridge again.
Anyways.. we had a day at home. We discussed with Austin again what he did wrong... screaming, hitting Neal, kicking the wall in his room over and over until the house shook (while screaming).... and that he needed to help do chores to make up for that behavior.
He helped Neal do laundry, he scrubbed all the cabinets down and dried them... and actually did a good job with everything.
He also scrubbed all the appliances really well. Took the magnets off, used the stainless steel cleaner... and then all that went to pot as soon as BoBo was loose to smear things up again.
I don't think we left the house all day. It was a little rainy and we just hung out.
One of the easiest ways to "play" with Owen is to just lay on the floor. He loves to climb on you, over you, smack at you, pull hair, chew on you.. its like his own personal jungle gym.
We also played a new game I invented.. Punch Ball. You roll the ball to the other person and they punch it back to you!
Sometimes little kids are way too easy to entertain.
That was our lazy "punishment" Saturday. Next time I'm leaving Austin to all the chores and I'm going to Enchanted Forest!!
No comments:
Post a Comment