-I've decided that the singer Sam Smith is TOTALLY a grown up Owen. I mean... look at the eyebrows!!!
-In true boy form, Austin loves to hit anything and everything with a baseball bat. One of his favorite games right now is "Fire" or "Dragon" or whatever he calls it. It's a great game.. I throw the red couch pillows (the fire) and he "saves" us by hitting them with the baseball bat. Whatever entertains him..
-It is so amusing to my children when I wear a maxi skirt.
-I saw this hanging up in Austin's classroom at school and thought it was the cutest thing. He can be very creative... but then he can be very matter-of-fact. He likes to list out how things work, or the process of things... it's a part of his personality I know he got from me. I love to list out step-by-step processes when I'm at work, so it's cute to see how his little brain is going "this is exactly how this process works."
-Owen is at the age where he is very aware when I leave him at daycare. Which breaks my heart. I don't like going to work either!!! And any working parent who has to walk away while their baby is crying for them knows how much it makes your stomach turn. I haven't been visiting him during the day as much because of that... and I miss it.
-Austin has had this puzzle since he was a baby and it's one of his favorites. Each cube has a bit of a picture on it, and you can make 6 different puzzles. The other day, Austin did one whole puzzle correctly, by himself! I was watching Owen then looked over and the puzzle was done! I was so proud of him because a few of those confuse me sometimes.. which way the cube is placed and in what order. Smart boy!
-Spring is here.. and it's been fairly warm... so that means baseball is in full swing in our house! Neal's team the Outlaws started their Sunday games so Austin is in heaven. Neal has played with this group of guys for 6 years now and they've become good friends.. they are all so sweet to Austin and he loves hanging in the dugout with them!
I mean, is there any doubt baseball is going to rule our lives??
-We've been having fun with "movie night" lately on weekends... Neal has a pretty regular client that he does baseball lessons with on Friday nights so it's been just me and the boys several times. After Owen goes to bed Austin and I watch a movie (Frozen has been on repeat) and have popcorn. He gets so excited about the popcorn!!! The only problem is that 3 year olds are messy eating popcorn.
Henry!!! Come clean up my couch, Henry!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment