'Tis the season to go out and cut down a tree and stick it in our houses, throw glittery things on it and sit around looking at it!!!
I LOVE the tradition of getting and decorating a tree... not only because the smell is to die for, but it's one of the things that really puts me in the mindset for Christmas.
It was really cold when we went out last Sunday to get our tree. We bundled all up, headed to the tree farm and started searching.
Neal scoured the land while a Toddler-saurus Rex creeped up right next to him. LOOK OUT NEAL!!
Owen and I couldn't be bothered, we were off taking selfies because we are just fabulous like that.
After we wandered far and wide and got lost in the Land of the Too Big Trees, we stumbled (Austin literally, over a stump) on the perfect one for us!!
Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!!!
Down it came.. thank goodness for men. I mean, really... I'm not about to lay on the cold ground and crawl under a tree full of sap and probably bugs and cut it down. I knew I got married for a reason.
Back home and we put on the Christmas music, put a very tired and over-selfied Owen down for a nap (thanks for taking an epic one, by the way!!!) and got the decorations out!
Only two ornaments were broken in the process, but sadly one of them was my beloved pickle ornament... RIP pickle ornament.
I also decorated my mantle and our wall next to the fireplace... (humble brag here) I think it looks awesome!! It's my favorite Christmas decor schemes I've done so far. I've decided to start a collection of cool and interesting reindeer, and fill up my mantle in that theme.
Nothing like being 2... sitting around in jammies and slippers, killing a container of raisins, watching some cartoons and just being King of the Castle.
I want your life, Austin. For real.
It was a fun merry little day for us.. and then the next morning... well. When a tree falls in the middle of the night, why didn't we hear it??
Did the cat climb it?
Was it too front heavy with ornaments?
Was the stand not level?
The world may never know...












No comments:
Post a Comment