I got to enjoy several weeks as a temporary stay-at-home Mom during my maternity leave.
We kept Austin in daycare part-time, so his whole routine wasn't different while adjusting to a new sibling at home, and on the days I had both my kiddos.. well..
We had fun, we had a ton of diaper changes, hours of cartoons, messy crafts, a few "Don't tell your Dad I let you color on the carpet with markers" moments, park adventures, several tantrums, some tears, and many memories.
I wouldn't change it for anything.
Here is what we spent our days doing (picture overload!!)
 |
| Killing some time at Toys R Us one rainy day.. this was his favorite ride! |
 |
| I mastered (kinda) the art of running to the store with two kids. God bless the car carts.. |
 |
| Walks and rides and baby wearing. Lots of baby wearing. |
 |
| We took naps... the one and ONLY time they slept at the same time. |
 |
| My kitchen looked like this, all day. Everyday. I swear the dishes multiplied when my back was turned. |
 |
| Hours of baby cuddling.. he can be so demanding sometimes. Darn him. :-) |
 |
| Austin helped me "make a list" before going to the store. This is him studying it. |
 |
| This kid is born and raised in the Pacific Northwest for sure!! |
 |
| We eagerly waited for Daddy to get home... sometimes on the curb. With the neighbors looking at us oddly. |
 |
| Batman showed up a time or two.. he helped keep us safe from the villain "refrigerator guy" |
 |
| We had a lunch date with our favorite Auntie Mo!! |
 |
| Arts and Crafts time.. only a little bit of paint ended up on the carpet. Oops.. another thing to "don't tell Daddy.." |
 |
| We stayed in pajamas all day some days.. play food just tastes better when it was made while wearing pajamas |
 |
Rare toddler naps in Mommy and Daddy's bed
|
 |
Stormy days called for pajamas, gold chains and hot cocoa
|
 |
| Several weeks together and Austin still likes his baby brother! |
 |
| The long summer meant days at the playground! |
 |
| Tummy time...one expert, one novice |
 |
| I let him brush my hair... at least my dark circles are hidden |
 |
| Our last day together...he wanted to wear underwear and have a picnic. There were some potty accidents...but the picnic was the best ever. |
No comments:
Post a Comment