Halloween this year was pretty much the most fun Halloween I've had to date... Austin is the perfect age to enjoy all of the fun that comes with Halloween, and be so enthusiastic about everything. I can only imagine how Halloween is going to get even better once Owen is old enough to participate too.
A few days before, we all carved our pumpkins..
 |
| "Yook at dis Mom!!!" |
 |
| Armed with their tools!! |
 |
| "Whas DAT stuff Dad?" |
 |
| "Yook at your hand Dad!! Ess icky!!" |
 |
| It took some convincing.. "I don wanna touch dat!" |
 |
| Owen and Mommy were there too! We were the detail artists.. handling all the precise taping of the patterns and such |
 |
| Men and their tools!! |
 |
| Say "Jack-o-Lantern!!" |
The actual day of Halloween I jetted off to my parent's house with both kids (we left super early so Owen would sleep and not make our ears bleed with his insane I-hate-the-car-so-much screaming) and visited my Mom at the school she works at.
Austin was an honorary Kindergartner that day and LOVED it. I'm always amazed at how fearless he is. He walked right in, talked and played with the kids, made a craft with them and listened to a spooky story.
We spent the whole morning with my Mom, and I convinced Austin to take a nap that afternoon with promises of candy that evening when it was time for Trick-or-Treating.
Neal and I sort of dressed up, and Owen got a cute little Halloween onesie, so he was festive too!
 |
| Batman was a little lopsided... poor kid probably couldn't see all night. |
I should have known Austin was going to take to Trick-or-Treating like a duck takes to water. After his first house, he started running down the street saying "come on guys! Come on!!!" He just thought it was the greatest activity ever! He was cracking us up with his enthusiasm.
One of the things we always did when I was a kid was go Trick-or-Treat my Uncle's house and my Grandma's house. It was my favorite part of the night...we'd get special treats, warm up inside their houses... it was really special to continue that tradition with my kids.
 |
| Batman visited Uncle Brian |
 |
| "Hi Gramama Darlene!" |
What an awesome night!!!
1 comment:
Cute!!! So fun!!! I am really looking forward to that phase too! Eeee! Sweet that you went down to your mom and carried out some traditions there too. :)
Post a Comment