Thursday, September 19, 2013

And Then He Totally Redeems Himself...

Just so CUTE sometimes!!!

Sometimes, my son is super sweet. Like punch you in the stomach you want to cry kinda sweet. Its such an incredible thing to look at this little person you are raising be kind, thoughtful and gentle and know (even if that behavior only lasts a few minutes) that you are doing a good job raising them into a decent human being.

I wanted to remember some of the wonderfully sweet things about my tornado toddler so I would never forget them.

-he says I Love You. Well, it comes out “ah-lah.” He puts a hand up to his heart and says “ah-lah” over and over when I ask him if he loves Mommy.

-he’s always sleepy when we wake him up in the mornings to go to school. You can pick him up from his crib and he just melts in your arms with his head on your shoulder for several minutes. Until he pops up and goes “book!!!!!!!!!!!!” and is pointing to his books, ready for story time and play!

-last week he spent about 10 mins climbing on the loveseat, petting Henry very gently, then crawling off the loveseat, coming over to me (I was sitting on the floor) and hugging me. Loved it!

-when we are out walking, he likes to pick flowers for me.

-last week he walked up behind me (I was sitting on the floor) and he started playing with my hair. He said “hair” and then put his arms around me and hugged my back.

-the one time he was running up to Neal and hit his (Neal’s) knee in the process then proceeded to go over to Neal and kiss his knee ‘all better’ several times throughout the night. He started coming up to me and kissing my knee too.

-time he went over to a little girl’s mat in his class during nap time and laid next to her..  and stroked her cheek to help her fall asleep.

-how I hear him in his room in the mornings calling “Mama! Mama!” Neal usually gets him up and dressed while I get ready, and I can hear Austin calling for me.. then suddenly he is barreling down the hallway into my room and crashes into me with a huge hug.

-he signs "thank you" but makes a smacking noise while doing it.. so his "thank you" has turned into him blowing a kiss. 

I need to remember these sweet moments when we are in the middle of a “I want to shut my toddler in a room and just leave” frustration stage. For all the hard crappy times.. he'll do something amazing.. and just totally redeem himself. :-)




1 comment:

Lauren said...

No way he is the sweetest, how cute :-)