Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Project 857- September 21

Another Saturday has come and gone! This one was no less busy than our other Saturdays.. I swear one of these days I'll have a Saturday post that goes "we stayed home. The End."

Until then though...

We were up and out the door pretty early because we had to trek up to Vancouver to pick up our Subaru that was at our dealership up there. I'm sure most of you saw on Facebook that the car pooped out on me last Tuesday and we had to get it towed and fixed. Thank goodness for the warranty!

Austin was dressed and insisting that his outfit needed a belt.

Then we headed out the door and our day got really fun.

First stop, get the mail. Second stop, deposit at the bank, third stop, coffee for Neal... I don't know if it was all the little stops or what, but the child was in a MOOD that morning.

I am talking constant:
UHHHHH UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH UH UH UH UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Whining. For the hour it took us to get up to the dealership.

He was driving me nuts.

Here, play with some mail.

Here, play with this old cell phone charger with the springy coil

Neal and I have tried to figure out why Austin gets so whiney and unhappy on weekends. Don't let the above pics fool you.. they were seconds of happiness in between the unhappy whining. We have narrowed it down to either A). he wakes up SUPER early on weekends and lays in his crib for awhile so by the time we are "up" he's exhausted and needs a nap or B). he likes his daily routine and gets thrown off by the change of pace on weekends or C). is used to his 6 am and 8:30 breakfasts on weekdays and is just super hungry on weekends.

The jury is still out.

Here is Neal probably wishing his coffee had some Kahlua in it. Or that he had some earplugs. Or both.

So.. we got the car, I took off in it and headed off to my friend Erin's house for a girl's morning and Scarf Exchange party. I had a mimosa, like immediately.

I didn't get any pics of the actual party, but I love the scarf I ended up with!!! Just my colors and so light but warm at the same time. Love me some scarves!!!

So as I'm trying to take this picture I'm talking about how hard it is to take selfies, and how the heck do the teenagers take such good ones? They must practice, I mean, how else do you get the right angle and expression and all that in your selfie??

And Neal interjects with "stop saying 'selfie.' You sound like a teenager"

Well, what else am I supposed to call it? A Self-Inflicted Portrait? A Picture of Oneself Taken by Oneself?

Selfie is in the dictionary now, dude. Its official.

I still swear the teenagers practice for hours.

Anyways, home from the party and onto preparing for a party at our house.. Neal's Dad, sister, her husband, his parents and his grandma came over to watch the Beaver game and have a casual BBQ.

Austin was fresh as a daisy because he took a 4 HOUR NAP. That has happened only one other time in his life. Thank goodness he put his best self forward, because he just charmed everyone at the BBQ and was a little dream toddler. He got a lot of attention, and books read to him and was pretty awesome.

The food was good, the Beavers won, everyone had a good time! Evidence below:
Another Saturday for the books!

No comments: