I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the Project 940 blogging project that is floating around.. If you aren't, Project 940 is an effort to capture what your family does every single Saturday, whether its exciting or mundane.
The "940" comes from the fact that there are 940 Saturdays between birth and high school graduation, so that is how many Saturdays you get to enjoy your kiddos before they move off to college and call their parents crying because they need $50 for rent and toilet paper (true story of my college days).
Anyways, my bestie McKenzie started doing this after her second son was born over at her blog Project 940 and has done a beautiful job of capturing her family's everyday life. It made me want to copy her... so I did!
Except I'm late to the party, and Austin is already 19 months old, which means I've missed 83 Saturdays... so my little blogging project is aptly named "Project 857."
I'm clever.
So here we go...
Project 857- Saturday 8/31/13
Saturdays. While the world sleeps in, the Glynn household is up at 6:30 am thanks to our early riser babbling bundle of energy yapping in his crib down the hall. Coffee is a must on Saturdays, I'll say that.
Up early, and Neal was out the door to go help his Dad do a total house cleaning.. power washing, windows in and out, the whole she-bang. I was on toddler duty for the day.
Breakfast and cartoons, threw some clothes on and out the door to Fred Meyer before 8am. Austin and I had to pick out a bday present for Toni because we were celebrating later that night, and get ingredients to make her favorite dessert- banana pudding.
Kenzie and were supposed to have a coffee date at Singer Hill that morning, but it turned into going over to her house instead, which ended up being way more fun. Her father in law went and got us coffee and donuts and we took the kids out to play on the huge play structure they just got.
After and epic slide down the slide that resulted in Austin landing in the sand and bonking his head on the slide (Mom fail... I wasn't fast enough to catch him), he cheered up and decided the swing was a safer place to be.
We were over at Kenzie's until nap time. I love having a good friend who lives that close, especially since she has a son Austin's age. I've told her she is never allowed to move!
Austin went down for a good nap when we got home and I did my usual nap routine: make food, clean kitchen, pick up house, do hair/make-up, sit down for a few mins and actually relax.
Once Austin was up, it was lunch time! His usual weekend lunch is something easy and quick (when he is hungry, he does not like to wait!) so leftovers of some dinner if I have them, or chicken nuggets, or mac n cheese. The weekend is when he gets "toddler" food.
He was a little messy with his applesauce so I took his shirt off.
Chicken nuggets, and I let him watch cartoons while he eats.
Don't judge.
After lunch we had a little while to kill before we had to head over to Neal's parents' house for Toni's birthday dinner so we did Austin's current favorite thing. Puzzles!
Except there was a fly in the house. Which he called a "bee" and was really, really fascinated with.
I was cracking up, watching him keep track of the "bee" in the house.
Then it was time to head over to Neal's parents' for the family dinner. The days I have to pack up Austin sans husband and go to an 'event' are the days I wish I was an octopus. Multiple trips to the car later.. purse, diaper bag, Toni's gift, bag of pudding toppings, big bowl of pudding, child... check. Whew.
We had a casual BBQ dinner and Austin had fun playing with Poppa:
Toni loved her banana pudding birthday dessert and we had a good time, as usual.
Little one was nice and sleepy when we got home so straight into bed he went, and Neal and I followed shortly after.. our 6:30 am weekend wake-up call would come all too soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment