So let's get right to it.. we packed in a lot last Saturday!
Austin was sick on Friday... 102 fever all day/evening, so we weren't sure what our Saturday was going to look like. It was either going to be snuggles, cartoons and Ibuprofen.. or wild-child-I-feel-better-so-let's-party.
It was the latter.
Austin woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed, jumping in his crib Saturday morning.
We did was we usually do when we need to have him run off some energy. We headed to the zoo.
Neal's Dad came along with us this time, which was fun because Austin loves his Poppa.
| Feeling chipper on the way to get Poppa! |
Ok, so Neal dressed Austin for the day and liked the shirt he was wearing.. it was his pajama shirt. So yes, my kid is wearing his PJ shirt, that he slept in the night before, to the zoo.
We got to the zoo early and saw all of the animals out. Austin had a blast like usual!
We had to wait awhile before we rode the Zoo Train, so we went into the Lorakeet Landing bird feeding area, which we've never done before.
Ok, so I LOVE birds. I used to have pet birds, and I love the feel of their little feet, so when this guy landed on me I was in heaven. I kept looking at Neal going "oh this is so cool! this is soooo cool!"
Then, just to make the day awesome, as we were walking out..
SQUIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bird squirt poop. Right. On. My. Head.
Fabulous.
Anyways... moving on...
After the boys rode the Zoo Train we headed home because Austin was getting to that squirmy, fussy, I-need-a-nap stage. He slept until we dropped Poppa off at his house, then he popped awake and stayed that way! Yeah! I love no nap days.. they are always AWESOME.
Once we were home I left Mr. No Nap with his Daddy and I headed to do my very favorite weekend activity. Grocery Shopping.
I'm sure you'd LOVE to hear all about my adventures at the grocery store, but I'll spare you. You are welcome.
I then decided that 90-degree weather be damned. It is September, so it's Fall, and time for Baking With Pumpkin!
| Alternate Title: Baking While Drinking Beer |
I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and Austin was soooo excited!
The boy is like his Mama and has a sweet tooth for sure. At least this way he got some healthy pumpkin!
The rest of the evening we just hung out... BBQ'd some turkey burgers for dinner, Neal watched and yelled at the Beavers game on TV, and Austin decided Mama's boots were made for walking.
Or falling over, which is more of what he did.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention.. when we picked up Neal's Dad for the zoo, he gave us some old newspapers he had kept that mentioned Neal back in his high school days. Isn't my hubby a little baseball stud???
1 comment:
Dom does the same thing when he gets the baby dressed! When I leave them alone I come home to find the baby in his superman pajamas and learn they've been all over town like that! Aw Dads...they do it different ;-)
Post a Comment