Oh Saturday... we finally had a pretty low-key Saturday but I still managed to take a million pics..
We started off with a lazy morning of cartoons, breakfast, coffee, and staying in our pj's for hours. Austin decided he wanted Daddy to read him a story but had trouble settling down:
Then Henry, who simply cannot not exist if he isn't on Neal's face 24/7, decided he had to try and weasel his way into story time too... not surprisingly.. right on Neal's face:
I was just sitting on the other couch enjoying the circus with my coffee! Henry's dependence on Neal is both funny and annoying... he is CONSTANTLY in Neal's face or trying to lick his face, which I know get's on Neal's nerves, but it's funny because he doesn't do that to me and I get to laugh about the whole thing. 99% of the time I look over at my husband I see furry dog body instead of his handsome face. :-)
Anyways.. Austin had had enough and crawled over to my couch to look at his book in peace.
That Dr. Suess is tricky and after a few minutes, Austin decided he'd rather just have me tackle Hop On Pop and crawled up onto my lap. And held my hand for good measure.
Storytime hand holding is the best!
After a lazy morning we headed out to meet my family and celebrate my niece's birthday! They were up for the day, and Austin was thrilled to have Great Grandmama drive in the car with him on the way to lunch!
We all had fun at lunch (Thai food! yes!!!!!!!!!) and the waiter even told me my son "was so good and well-behaved")... if he only knew.. ha.
As we were leaving to go back home from the birthday celebration, Austin got to pet his first horse! These horses live next to my brother and are HUGE. And in huge I mean MASSIVE. I have never had to crane my neck back so far to see a horse's head in my life. I didn't get a good pic of Austin petting the horse, but here is my tall Grandma (she is about 5'8") for size reference on these beasts
We pushed out Austin's nap, so on the ride home he sacked out and went down once we were home for another almost 3 hours. Wow. We made good use of nap time...
| picking up.. or playing? you be the judge... |
| coffee, sitting in front of the fireplace.. and coloring? Yep, I color still.. best way to unwind! |
After the little man was up, we had some homemade soup for dinner and just relaxed as we watched the monsoon beat down outside as well as at the Duck game on TV. One field reporter had mascara running down her face and her hair was whipping all around as the water-smeared camera lens was on her and I commented "that girl hates her job right now" because seriously. It was just gross outside!
Later Austin took off his shirt by himself for the first time and I wanted to capture that on in pictures, and the below resulted. He is getting to that age where he knows what a picture is, and wants to see it once its taken.. the only problem is, he isn't patient enough for the picture to actually take first.
| Coming to check out the picture Mommy just took... jumping the gun by a bit though, son! |
| "ok, stand here and say cheese. Wait for Mom. Stay right here" (and a repeat of the above picture happened) |
| finally! this is the best shot I got.. shirt off all by himself!!! |
Pretty non-exciting evening for us.. just some football, playing and toddler stripping. :-)