Friday, July 19, 2013

Toddler Treats

Hello everyone and welcome to this week's edition of Toddler Treats!

We've got something really special to cook up today for you folks!

Auntie Monique is pregnant with a baby girl and Mommy is really excited to throw her a baby shower! I like to shower.. I did once with Daddy and I kept wanting to hold the sprayer and he didn't let me because I got the floor wet and I thought that was fun but then Daddy said "no" and that was the end and I was sad.


Anywho, Mommy wanted to make Pink Lemonade cupcakes and did a trial-run (whatever that is, because we didn't even walk why run?.. I like running. I am fast!) and I got to help!

 First you mix your gooey stuff together with some white stuff and some thick stuff Mommy called "oil" and kept telling me to stop putting my fingers in it.... but it felt cool! And I just wiped my fingers off on my shirt, no big deal... so then scoop your gooey stuff in the pan....

 Make sure the stuff is nice and even. Pat down the top with something you are allowed to play with and smush it real good. Over and over.

Then pick up a cup of gooey stuff to make sure you did it right. This one look too full so I had to take care of it. 'cuz Daddy wasn't home and I was the man around the house. So that means I take care of things for Mommy. I love Mommy. She is a girl and I have to take care of her (says Daddy). So I made this cupcake better!
 Oh no! Sometimes spills happen. That's ok, because its fun to say "oh no!" and you can say it a lot and Mommy repeats it back to you and smiles at you and its a fun game. Its my new favorite.

 Make sure your gooey stuff is all over the pan so it bakes good. You can dump it, spread it, or smear it to get it how you want. See? I did it good. It's all over and will bake up nice and really dark brown!

Make sure and let Mommy put them in the oven ('hot!' 'hot!') but you can play with the oven mitts and run around the house with them up your arms! That's a fun game because they freak Henry out. I like Henry. His tongue feels funny.

I can't wait to bake with Mommy again! She says I'm a good helper and I make baking fun. I saw, watch out Emeril... I'm taking over the kitchen!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

He's just the cutest!!