Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Musings

-after many many years (this began back in college…) we PAID OFF OUR CREDIT CARD! WHOOP!!!!!! I can’t begin to tell you how good it feels to see the $0.00 balance on the statement!! How did we achieve this with a toddler and a “mortgage” in daycare every month? One look at my shabby and hand-me-down clothes and you will know how.. we scrimped and saved and sacrificed a lot of stuff, vacations, meals out, etc to do this. Blame it on my financial Nazi side.. I was determined to be credit card free!

-So does this mean I get to start shopping a lot more?????

-My husband is probably rolling his eyes right now

-Austin likes to play in my makeup (obsessed, more like it) and showed me a new eyeliner application technique. Tres chic.


-He is really into saying “cheese!” and smiling for cameras now! I’ve captured this 3 times with him and each time he kills me with his cuteness!
1st "cheese" moment

The cheesiest "cheese" moment

"cheese!" so handsome

 -he also kills me with his tantrums too. Two epic tantrums within 15 mins of each other on Sunday equaled one frazzled Mom that dumped her kid off on Dad later that day and took some “alone” time laying out in the sun. Child, you are exhausting.

-we took Austin to a wedding reception Saturday night.. I learned several things… 1) taking a child to an event is more fun for the child than the parent… 2) I got a flash of what having two kids is going to be like as I held a friend’s newborn and ducked under fences to fetch my toddler out of the bushes and I got frightened at the prospect…. and 3) my son is just like his Mama… the boy’s got rhythm and he’s not afraid to bust a move! He was front and center boogying to the music!


-We got Taco Bell for lunch yesterday and got Austin a cheese quasadilla (I know, I KNOW, epic Mom fail on nutrition, but you go thru 2 huge tantrums and driving around forever until he calms down and you'd crave T Bell too) anyways... he had 1 bite and was way more interested in his healthy banana. So... score one for the Mom-trying-to-enforce-healthy side, after all... right??

No comments: