Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Musings

-ok first off.. it feels like it’s been 20 years since I last did a blog post. I usually write during my lunch breaks at work, and things have been INSANE and I’ve barely left my desk to use the restroom. No joke. I’m hoping it slows down so I can breathe again soon.

-I listen to I Heart Radio at work and they will play one “promotional” song that you can’t skip past. Today its Taylor Swift’s “Red” and that accurately describes my temper every time it comes on.. which is only once every 4 seconds. Sorry not sorry… over it already!!!!!

-it is so hard to get back in the groove after a 4-day weekend. Even Austin agrees. Don’t tell me this kid wasn’t dreaming about being on vacation still! Ahh… chillaxin’ in his sleep. J


-I got a 24-hour stomach flu Saturday night. WTF? Where did that come from? It’s not flu season, no one I know even has a cold, yet BAM! Praying to the porcelain god for a full 24 hours..missing a friend’s baby shower and a friend’s birthday party. I want a rain check on my Sunday please.

-So this happened over the weekend. We finished our very last can of formula!! Can I get a “hooray!!!” Hooray!!! Austin is a big boy now and just gets some milk before bed. He took the transition perfectly too… so happy to be done with this phase!!!


-Austin’s new thing lately is to point at everything, and throw his hands up and go “oh no!!!” Case in point…. We went for a walk over the weekend and he decided to take a break on a curb and point at all the passing cars, then we played in the big fountain in Oregon City and everything (water turning on, water turning off, water changing pattern) was “oh no!!!!”




-I continue in my ninja food-hiding skills in that I now add zucchini to Austin’s smoothies.. and the child is none the wiser. One more green veggie I can force into my kid!

-I am so in the wrong business. You all remember AshLee from The Bachelor? The professional organizer? I follow her on Instagram and she charges $1,250 a day to organize your life. You read that right… $1,250 to come into your house, show you have to put shit into different sized baskets and throw out junk you don’t need. I was MADE to do that for a job! How do I get her job????

-My Aunt Patty visited last weekend from San Diego and got to hang out with Austin!! We love Auntie Patty !!! I just love this pic of the two of them!


Happy Monday all!

No comments: