Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Musings


-I want to grow my hair out long again. And put blonde in it. Again.

-Speaking of growing, I need to get going on a growth chart for Austin. Sometime before he graduates high school, ideally.

-Speaking of Austin… dude decided to freak out last night and wake up screaming at 10:30pm and not calm down until 11:30am, then do it all over again at 4am and decide to just be “up” for the day. So I’m running on a little less than 4 hours of sleep and have a huge deadline at work today. That kid needs to work on his timing…

-Speaking of sleep… it’s funny how quickly you get used to having a full night’s sleep once your baby starts sleeping through the night. One night of up-several-times and 4 hours total has WRECKED me. How am I going to do this all over again?

-Speaking of all over again, I majorly flip flop back and forth between “I can’t wait for Baby #2!” and wanting to permanently close up shop and never let my husband touch me in again, out of fear of getting pregnant again. I just don’t know how two kids is going to work.

-Speaking of work.. I love gangsta rap. I just do.. thank goodness for headphones so I can listen at work.. if they only knew what I was bobbing my head to!

-Speaking of me… I am loving my new smoothie train I’m on and stuffing my face with. My fav so far is simple: banana, almond milk, vegan protein powder, and spoonful of peanut butter.


-Speaking of nuts.. Austin is a big one! This is how the kid likes his high chair. On the floor, without the pad cover. He gets mad if the cover is on it and rips it off and wants the hard plastic. 

2 comments:

McKenzie B. said...

Super cute post -

The fact that he doesn't want his cushion is good for you, easier clean up!

I am all for having 1 kid. It was definitely what we had wanted. I am still, to this day, bummed about ending up with 2. The thing is, if you have 1 you can have lots of play dates and friends and stuff, plus he goes to school which is social. There is no guarantee they will get along. They could fight like cats and dogs like my little brother and sister did. Those two RARELY played nicely. They were always fighting. It wasn't until long after both headed away for college that they even remotely were able to be "friends." And really, it just caused a lot of stress in our family because they were ALWAYS at eachother about EVERYTHING. Who sat where, who touched who, who did this or that or whatever. With one, they get to pick their close friends, and you can always choose to take a friend on vacation with you. You only pay for daycare once. You can focus on your one kid - if they want to play year round baseball with travel schedule and everything else, chances are you will not only have the time to devote to this but also the money. If you have two, what happens when one has a baseball tournament in Colorado and the other has a basketball tournament in Seattle? You are either splitting up parental duties or sending on alone. There are many many reasons I wanted just 1 and while 2 can work out great, I think we really convince ourselves that we NEED to have a second for our first which I think is just silly because again, there is no guarantee that they will even like eachother - and there is no guarantee that the first will even feel screwed if you don't have another one. Maybe they will and maybe they wont. Maybe Barrett will feel screwed that we did have a second. With one, big sports, trips, college tuition, savings account for him were all so much more possible and so much better sounding then with 2. We have quite the savings account for Barrett - and now we have to replicate that and in the future, divide that for both. I'm just throwing this all out there, there is no reason to convince yourself that you HAVE to have a second, and certainly not because you think that Austin would be screwed over if you made that "selfish" decision. He may be a very happy only - you never know. I think Barrett would have been a very happy only.

Jesica said...

Oh sleeping, I don't remember what it's like to sleep in long stretches. Many a day I've decided I should just get all the babies out of the way quickly, close together before I get used to sleeping again. I could totally handle a newborn right now...I swear Baby Jett slept more when he was new than he does now!

Btw, Baby Jett reminds me of Austin in many ways, this kid is determined to be independent! He crawls, he pulls to standing, any day now I swear I'm going to turn around and he'll be walking. Crazy little boys!!!