I'm so far behind in recapping events, that our little shopping adventure happened weeks ago!
#slacker
Anyways... Neal and I decided to go shopping and buy ourselves a few things because we hardly ever go shopping and buy things for ourselves.
What made it an adventure was the fact that a toddler was with us.
A toddler who doesn't like to sit still, ride normally in a cart or listen to his parents.
Outings involve strategies. Supplies. Motives. Clear direction in what our course of action will be.
Me: "Ok, so I want to go look at jackets and pants. I'll be over there." (pointing) "So you'll take Austin and distract him while I go look, and we'll meet up in about 10 mins and switch so you can look around. Ok?? Ok. Go."
Seriously, that conversation actually happened.
I wouldn't be surprised if one day we have walkie-talkies and hand signals to aid in our strategy-making.
Its awesome that our child refuses to face backwards in carts and insists we push him around like this. If we don't, he twists and squirms and causes a scene. Stubborn, he is. Who did he get that from??????? :-)
After I warp-speed picked out a handbag and a long maxi skirt, I took over Austin-Wrangling so Neal could look around.
We walked around a bit with Austin out and pushing the cart himself and wandering around ("wait, hold on! No, steer this way. THIS way. Austin. AUSTIN. Come over here. No, back here. Here, hold Mommy's hand. Austin, you have to hold Mommy's hand. Stop. No, don't touch that. That is not for climbing. Get down please. Austin, come over here! Look here! Mirrors! ooooh! Fun!!!!") and then happened upon the men's section of the stores.
Oh the joys!
Mirrors!
Sports stuff!
The magical land of belts!
Let's just say.. there was a much needed clean-up in the men's dept. Scattered basketballs as far as the eye could see...
We somehow made it to two stores to do our shopping and Austin consumed about 2 boxes of Cheerios in the process.
Snacking kid = quiet kid.
Back home, and tired from his little excursion out.
Austin took a nap, Mom and Dad had a much needed cocktail.
No comments:
Post a Comment