Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Musings


-I am suddenly addicted to Instagram. It only took me like years after everyone else… now posting fun-edited pics is my new favorite time waster. Some moments from the weekend:
My Irish boys! There is legit Irish blood in them veins!!

Playing ball with Dad!! See those blurs? That's arm power, people!

The vacuum is so interesting...

 -This morning was my first green smoothie experience: almond milk, peaches, a banana, protein powder and SPINACH! It really does disappear, taste-wise… only it makes your smoothie look like green slime and I was looked at oddly a few times walking into work slurping on it.

-My child is a pill when he is tired. A PILL I tell ya. He bangs toys, throws things, flings food to the floor, flings himself to the floor, whines and claws at your face. Wowzas.

-I recently discovered my husband eats the peel on mandarin oranges. This is making me rethink how I feel about him. I mean, can I be married to someone who eats the peel??? Kidding honey… but YUCK!

-My Sundays have now become full of food prep and cooking. I chop veggies for dinners throughout the week and make a few meals that can just be reheated on weeknights. Baseball season + full time working Mom + hangry Toddler in the evenings = I’m finally figuring this shit out and preparing beforehand. Genius!!! Its kinda like eating leftovers every night, but it’s better than trying to chop and cook and prepare while a little one is pulling my pants down and crying for my attention.
Quinoa for dinner and lunch-check. Italian Wedding Soup base made and ready to reheat with added noodles. Check. My sanity? In check!

 -Cashews are delicious. That is all.

-I hate my phone. Like I-have-to-restart-it-everyday-because-it-freezes kinda hate… Neal decided we are doing it and getting Iphones. End of stupid Android story.


No comments: